Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May 06 2023

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default May 06 2023

The time is rapidly approaching when I will have to go into hiding. Soon all the news channels and press will be bombarding the UK population with their small army of Royal experts leading up the Coronation of King Charles and one time Royal mistress Queen Camilla.
    The country is in a financial mess, everything is broken, doctors and nurses who we recently clapped for putting their lives on the line fighting an epidemic are now on the picket lines because the government cannot find the money to give them a pay rise.
    The government however can find millions, perhaps billions of pounds to stage this event. It has not been revealed if Charles is making a contribution from his own enormous wealth to meet the expense.
    So with the weather improving I will be taking long walks with my dogs and doing all the jobs around the house and garden, avoiding TV and media, until normal service is restored.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: May 06 2023

Must confess Louis, i am not a royalist, and i to shall be avoiding everything as much as possible, until the dust has settled. I don't mind a Royal family, but ours is too big, just my opinion.
    R689823

3. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

#1, Sounds like you are well prepared Louis, May I suggest you add a few books to your list as I should think there will be a post mortem of said day for weeks to come.....

#2, I agree entirely Keith, the only family members I support are the ones who enjoy the view from the Palace balcony.

Once I have hung my Union Jack bunting, I fully intend to enjoy a platter of luxurious nibbles to sustain me throughout the day with the obligatory glasses of Kir Royale cocktails.... for toasting purposes... you understand. Hoping too of catching the highlights of the day with all relevant channels and a cup of tea before retiring.

God save The King

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let’s hope Marian that that balcony is manned by worthwhile people and the King does not cede to others vanity , it will be the first proof of his steadfastness for the years ahead . If he wavers on this it will be an early destruction of part of the foundations. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems no on has any views on the costings to the tax payer of all the State Funerals for ex football players and other sports people, actors and those out of the theatre and Entertainment world. So must assume the Coronation anti feelings is just pure anti Monarchy. Pity as most of the world would give their eye teeth to have such a system and makes Britain what it is , a country it’s a visible history and not frightened to broadcast it. Pity about the Poor journalism displayed by the British Media at times in doing this so a lot of them must also think they are being done out of something they they are missing out on. They obviously were brought up in a different world than us wolf cubs ,where are an early age we promised to do our duty to God and the King among many other obligations.
    Today is Anzac Day and although not Australian By birth I always attend one ceremony , there were seamen lost at. Anzac Cove. Such ceremony’s it is nice to see the children being taught the final price all these deaths should be remembered of a necessary duty at the time, and hope it never occurs again, which at the moment is very much in doubt.JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th April 2023 at 12:09 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I saw he latest picture of the Bunch taken before the Queens death, couldn't believe the number of kids lining up for the British public to keep. I'm glad to be living in Australia, long live the Republic. I think the last straw for me was that Ar$%# apologizing to the Germans for the bombing of Berlin, he ought to have been shot as a traitor; never mind how long since the war.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most kids today Des receive or their parents do monetary benefits to assist in bringing them up. Apart from the landed Gentry at one time nearly all Brits were Serfs , so where these idiots come from who keep on bringing up slavery from get their intelligence from beats me. History has been contaminated with lots of untruths and bare faced lies. Of course slavery existed as far back as man has been on this earth and still does in one form or another. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th April 2023 at 06:02 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 I’ve just invested in two electronic arm chairs with built in massagers and hope they arrive before May 6 th. Also a bottle of whiskey for the Occassion Marian. Cheers JS
    A good friend of mine died this morning at 0530 during my time in hospital he made himself available at all times , he was I would call a man. He was dying on his feet whilst looking after others so to speak.They brought him home yesterday to die with one collapsed lung and the other on pure oxygen , he was an ex matelot and you don’t get many shipmates like him in ones life .Dying on Anzac morning will always remember the anniversary of his death. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th April 2023 at 06:17 AM.
    R575129

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, my sympathies on that one.

We will have to either get up at Sparrow fart or wait until later to see the repeat.
    Saw the coronation of the Queen when as a young 10 year old lad I was invited to watch on Tv by the lady in the flat below us.
    Something that has never left my memory.

But for those who decry the monarchy, consider the options?
    A president such ads sleepy joe, or maybe Idi Armin, your choice.
    Then the revenue they bring in via tourists, never mind all the clap trap at present about no duty free for tourists, that will pass and no matter the Royal family will always be a draw card for tourists, many from USA would love to have the British system, the one some on here decry.

As an ex pat I still have a love of Uk and the system, it as done great things for me and for many, so to those who wish other, shame on you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Passengers on board BA R23 flight on route to Torquay International Airport started hearing noises of screeching metal then the aircraft keeled over to starboard and began flying in circles.
    The calm reassuring voice of the Captain came over the air. "Ladies and gentlemen we are experiencing a minor problem with the aircraft, please do not become alarmed as we are taking measures on the flight deck to rectify the situation. In the meantime please join with me in a verse of God Save the Wing".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast