Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reward for Failure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Reward for Failure.

There are not many jobs where you are rewarded for Failure.
    A football manager is one of those jobs, two Premier league managers were sacked this week for their teams failure. Potter of Chelsea was sacked and is reportedly walking away with £13m, meanwhile Rodgers of Leicester has been reported received a £10m payout.
    Both these managers will more than likely be in a new football managerial post within a few months.
    Not bad work if you can get it.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reward for Failure.

It’s the same in most big businesses , have you looked up what the managing director of Qantas gets.Football is only business although people worship it as a sport. I have better things to do with my money than splash it on overpaid and underworked spoiled persons. Everyone to their own likes and dislikes but not for me . can well do without it until it gets some relevance in the world . The same as the olympics they lost all relevance to me when they went professional . JS
    Happy birthday Vic looks like JP remembered but Potter of Chelsea never would . All the Brest . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th April 2023 at 09:24 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    It’s the same in most big businesses , have you looked up what the managing director of Qantas gets.Football is only business although people worship it as a sport. I have better things to do with my money than splash it on overpaid and underworked spoiled persons. Everyone to their own likes and dislikes but not for me . can well do without it until it gets some relevance in the world . The same as the olympics they lost all relevance to me when they went professional . JS
    Happy birthday Vic looks like JP remembered but Potter of Chelsea never would . All the Brest . JS
    Had many an argument with my brother in law who was ardent fan of Newcastle, he believed the directors were in it for the love of the game(a prominent Newcastle lawyer at the time) and were not interested in making money; he thought I was antagonising him by suggesting it was a business. I also said how can they call it a club? where is your membership card? what benefits do you get from your "membership"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes success can be punished as well. Thomas Tuchel was sacked 3 games into the new season by new American owners. The season before Chelsea under the managment of Tuchel won the European Champions League Cup,the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup.
    Thomas Tuchel has revealed he was sacked by Chelsea last year during a ‘three to five-minute’ meeting.

Tuchel won the Champions League, Uefa Super Cup and Club World Cup during a 20-month spell as Chelsea boss but was dismissed in September by the club’s new owners.

The 49-year-old, who also guided the Blues to the FA Cup and Carabao Cup finals in 2021 and 2022 respectively.
    Obviously the new American owner knows a lot about football and how it works. Todd Boehly paid $5.2 billion for the club
    His partners includes Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss, British businessman Jonathan Goldstein and British journalist Daniel Finkelstein.

The former owner was Roman Abramovich.
    We are all familiar with ships and flags of convience, but there is now Passports/citizenship of convience, Abramovich has Russian, Israeli and Portuguese citizenship.
    Yes I know it has been around for years dual nationality.
    Looking at the board members at Chelsea did Tuchel being German have anything to do with his removal?

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Professional sport is no longer sport.
    It is big, bloody big business with the players nothing more than well overpaid employees.

Like any profession some are better at it than other, they rise to the top then slowly, and sometimes not so slow, they slide down again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the best examples must be Von der Leyen big chief of the EU. Apparently she had various functions within The German parliament
    and was a failure in all of them so the press will have us believe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi tony #3
    good morning, the most important and number one tenant to any football team is the devotion of its followers without them they do not have a business, and if the fans stood back and used there brains instead of rushing to buy this years season ticket, they would see prices they pay fall in line with the likes of europe or others.
    tom

10. Thanks j.sabourn, James Curry thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thomas for once we are in agreement about something. But me being a Reds fan Liverpool supporters stopped Liverpool owners in there tracks over ticket price increases or at least restricted the amounts of the planned increase.
    Also fans stopped the formation of the European Super League.
    Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham are part of the group. A league that you could not be religated from. Basically the likes of the Spanish & Italian clubs needed English top 6 clubs to make it a financial success.
    The Germans said nein, the Bundesliga is run by the fans for the fans.
    No mega rich Arab owners there.

12. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Cassels View Post
    One of the best examples must be Von der Leyen big chief of the EU. Apparently she had various functions within The German parliament
    and was a failure in all of them so the press will have us believe.
    I must have read the same papers as you John, she got the job through "connections" if I recall what was written at the time,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Always connections I think.

One of our more recent useless Pm, Rudd the dud, has been appointed as our ambassador to USA.
    With any luck they will either find a way to lock him up or at least keep him there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Alan Briggs liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast