Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CWS the Co-op

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: CWS the Co-op

When my mother was alive, and still insisted on drawing her pension from the post office every week, the post office needed passwords for everyone, they told my mother, and probably every OAP, to use their birth date. That was the only thing she used in the modern world, washing in the sink, mangle etc etc. I sometimes think myself, why do i need all this junk i have about me, life was so much more simple 60 years ago, and the hospital system worked !!!!!
    R689823

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tip, never use a password relating to illegal substances. I was using,drug runner and drug dealer, my bank account got hacked . I spent a night in the cells trying to explain were the deposit of £100 grand came from.

My wife keeps all her passwords in her diary which is in her handbag, ah well!!! they include her user account number & password + answers to her security questions for her NS & I account, her Building society ISA account and her debit card PIN. Two weeks ago she left her bag on the back of the chair in a cafe in Liverpool 1. She was just going through the gate at James St station and realised she had not got her bag. Thankfully a member of staff spotted it and kept it for her now. The diary is now in the safe at home.

4. Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea, Bill Morrow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I go out with a card, I always write my number on my wrist. My writing is so bad, I sometimes can't read it myself. Mind you, it's mostly a tap on the machine nowadays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have mentioned this before. Why on British Bank debit cards (certainly Lloyds) do they have your account number on the card, Bank Code ID and on the reverse the 3 digits security numbers. Also I know it is conveinent just scan your card payment at the checkout etc.
    Someone lifts your card and they can have a field day scanning your card until you get a block on it. Yes I have a bank alert app and will get a text. But have any of us had the automated phone call that someone is trying to make an online payment? Please call this number immediately?

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith #21, life years ago was so simple we all got by.
    Then came the tech revolution and we were told this will all make life so much simpler for you!!
    Are they on something, we now have some banks here saying they will no longer deal in cash?????

What ever happened to the good old barter system ?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes John it was. I 'ill give you ten of my best marbles for your Eagle comic. If you were any good, you could win your marbles back.
    Bill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#26 Bill think you said previously that you knew Peter Bloomer , as ref. to Seaforth Maritime. On his retirement from same believe his son worked in the admin.for the Co-Op and Peter got a job as driving one of their hearses , which he appeared to enjoy. Peter lived in Prudoe and it would have appealed to his sense of humour , especially getting all dressed up for the event. Usually get a Xmas card from him every year but can’t remember sighting this year , so hope he’s still with us. Cheers JS
    PS what about the conkers . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st April 2023 at 07:24 AM.
    R575129

11. Thanks Bill Morrison thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    his son worked in the admin.for the Co-Op and Peter got a job as driving one of their hearses , which he appeared to enjoy. JS
    Wonder if he ever got any instructions from a back seat driver.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe depended on the sex of the passenger Ivan . Peter was well known for his manners and etiquette as a gentleman. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #26 Bill think you said previously that you knew Peter Bloomer , as ref. to Seaforth Maritime. On his retirement from same believe his son worked in the admin.for the Co-Op and Peter got a job as driving one of their hearses , which he appeared to enjoy. Peter lived in Prudoe and it would have appealed to his sense of humour , especially getting all dressed up for the event. Usually get a Xmas card from him every year but can’t remember sighting this year , so hope he’s still with us. Cheers JS
    PS what about the conkers . JS
    Hi John. I did sail with Peter, a good ship handler. He was well liked in the company. Had a rake through my paper work for this form. As been said SM was a good company to work for, they would keep you informed of what was going on that concerned you. There a a lot of names on the form, Peter in the top three.
    Royal Mail this Christmas past was in melt down, I never received half of my usual cards.
    Bill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast