Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Gary Lineker

I am amazed that these ex footballers think that they are bigger than anything else, and whilst i have no time for the BBC, they have clubbed together to stop the sports. My own opinion and i am sure different to most, is get shot of the lot of them. the sort of money , my money, they are being paid is outrageous , advertise their jobs at half the rate they are paid now, and they would have dozens of people, good people , who would do the job. No one is indespensable when it comes to that sort of money, my rant for the day, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gary Lineker

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I am amazed that these ex footballers think that they are bigger than anything else, and whilst i have no time for the BBC, they have clubbed together to stop the sports. My own opinion and i am sure different to most, is get shot of the lot of them. the sort of money , my money, they are being paid is outrageous , advertise their jobs at half the rate they are paid now, and they would have dozens of people, good people , who would do the job. No one is indespensable when it comes to that sort of money, my rant for the day, kt
    Too right Keith, absolutely ridiculous pay for a couple of hours discussing your old job, no skill required other than gobsh-te about football. We would be megarich if we got the same rate discussing our old jobs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not a fan of Gary Lineker but he is entittled to his opinion. He did not use the BBC as a political platform. All the BBC needed to say was the views of Mr Lineker are not necessarily the views of the BBC, end off.

BORIS Johnson has parachuted a multi-millionaire Tory donor into a top job at the BBC . Former banker, Richard Sharp, is to be the next chairman of the corporation. The 64-year-old - who used to be Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s boss at Goldman Sachs - will replace Sir David Clementi in the £160,000-a-year role.

Tell me strings were not pulled by the government to have Gary Lineker sacked or removed for his tweets.

Alan Sugar was not removed from his BBC show the apprentice when he tweeted that he would leave the UK if Jeremy Corbyn was elected.

BBC doubled standards at play

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make a statement against wokery and the left go into a tailspin.
    Criticise a leftwinger for making comparisons with the Naxis and the left think that is OK.
    Lineker, is smug self centred barsteward who thinks he is above everyone else, he made comments a few weeks ago and was warned.
    Me, personally I won't miss or his circle of friends, Mark Pougatch is far better than Lineker.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Much ado about nothing.
    The comments were not made on the BBC, Linacre is not an employee of the BBC, he is freelance.
    Being a wealthy ex footballer should not bar him from expressing his personal opinions, what happened to the right of free speech?

6. Thanks James Curry, Paul Johnson thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lineker did not use a BBC Platform he used Twitter. Lineker is not a BBC employee. So are you wanting to ban freedom of speech ? So you agree that Lord Surgar can say on social media that he would leave the UK if Corbyn were elected. At the time Sugar was employed BBC he was also vocal about the GMB Union boss , not a word of censor from the BBC. Monday in Parliament may be interesting.
    Always the same someone says something that is not popular with the those who support the Cons it is wokery or the left wing get into a spin. Wake up and smell the coffee this crowd have run out of ideas and need to go.
    Last edited by James Curry; 11th March 2023 at 03:08 PM.

8. Thanks Paul Johnson thanked for this post
    Likes Louis the fly, Paul Johnson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When they all band together to stop sport, on a program funded by my money in part, they have no right to stop programs being aired to ITS customers, not that i give a sh** about the football anyway , he was paid too much money when he was a footballer. If he and they don't like it, chuck the job in. I think they are flexing too much muscle, and the BBC dare not concede this one, or where will end, giving Lineker the general directors job ?? Sack the bloody lot of them.
    R689823

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There's something hilariously ironic and breathtakingly hypocritical about the self declared "anti cancel culture" types (i.e. mostly Tories) demanding that Lineker be cancelled because he's dared to criticise them in his own time and outside work.
    It's worth remembering that Lineker has not said anything on air or in his professional capacity at the BBC to cause issue, nor is he anything to do with the BBC's news or political arm. If any of the aforementioned was the case then it would clearly be misconduct.
    As it is he's a sports pundit who has expressed a personal opinion on politics outside of his work environment, therefore it's at the very least strongly arguable that no impartiality rules have been broken.
    Not forgetting that the BBC is notorious for only applying their own rules selectively, just look at Andrew Neil; whilst Political hauncho at the Beeb he was Chairman of the Spectator group.
    The BBC have clearly made an enormous mistake and this is only going to grow arms and legs. Not only are footballers and Managers in the Premier League boycotting Match of the Day interviews, some clubs have also said they'll boycott speaking to the BBC on any matter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just think how much our TV licence could be reduced if they got rid of these pompous twats, they live in a different world to us, what right do any of them have to stop all these programs, even the world service is affected.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Free speech is a two way street.
    The left woke Brigade try to control us with their propaganda.
    R879855

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast