Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gary Lineker

How many did what I did watched it for 5 minutes and went to bed. I would imagine those supposed 500,000 viewers were more curious to see what way the show would be aired.

This government has a history of putting both feet in their mouth before thinking.

They certainly seem to have had a few run-ins with PL players. Marcus Rashford and school meals for underprivileged children caused the Government to do a U Turn in England. The other 3 home nations had already a policy in place to ensure those in need got a school meal over the Christmas hoildays and other school holidays.

Matt Hancock criticised PL players for not taking a pay cut on the 2nd of April,
    3rd of April

The Premier League says it will ask players to take a 30% pay cut in order to protect jobs. It also announces that the season will not resume until "it is safe and appropriate to do so".

It then emerges that Premier League captains had already held talks over ways they could give money to charity during the coronavirus pandemic. The talks, led by Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, discussed wage deferrals or cuts, or a move to help fund a charitable cause.

Yes sometimes best politicians keep their nose out of sports.

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Jim R Christie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Michael Vaughan was dropped immediately by the BBC as their Cricket Pundit as soon as an accusation of racism was made by a player, alleged to have happened 11 years previously. Michael is now in court 3 years later; 14 years after the 'event' with the said accuser relying on a friend who thinks he may have heard it.
    Cameras and sound equipment were there at the time but nothing was picked up.
    You probably can tell how I feel about this......

Brenda

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There seems to be plenty coming forward to back up the accusation!!! It always seems strange though that the accuser has waited 11 years before opening his mouth.
    Always the race card!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

seems people power has come to the front but who father up the ladder will be sacked they tried to put liniker out and its back fired on them? there goes the knighthood...jp

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I AM SAYING NOTHING,
    BUT HAD TWO WARNINGS ALREADY

If They put me in prison I can watch TV for NOTHING, HOW DAFT IS THAT
    Free board and lodgings also, no travel expenses but you should ask for a ground floor suite.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if Lineker knows very much abour Hitler
    and his regime.

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh I think he does and sees what is coming down the tracks with this crowd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think one of the biggest followers and champion of the Euro pact was Ted Heath. I put a post in here some time ago about when I was staying in a Motel outside of Southhampton whilst doing a business mans course on the inert systems for tankers . During my time at motel found a notebook in a telephone kiosk someone had forgot to pick up , flicking through the pages curiously it appeared to me to refer to a terrorists conversation regarding the transfer of funds from Saudi to a British Bank , after phoning home I phoned the police and informed them . Later that night the heavy squad arrived took this document off me told me to go back to sleep and proceeded to give the occupants of the motel a hard time which I heard from them at breakfast , myself remaining mute on the subject . A few months later a bomb factory of Irish background was discovered in Southhampton. In the notebook mention was made of Morning Cloud. So I often wonder if politics would have been served or not if I had not found or not turned over to the police . There was no official follow up to myself How proceedings occurred after my handing over the document .This was if my memories as to dates is correct about 72/73. JS....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th March 2023 at 10:45 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I am not a fan of Gary Lineker but he is entittled to his opinion. He did not use the BBC as a political platform. All the BBC needed to say was the views of Mr Lineker are not necessarily the views of the BBC, end off.

BORIS Johnson has parachuted a multi-millionaire Tory donor into a top job at the BBC . Former banker, Richard Sharp, is to be the next chairman of the corporation. The 64-year-old - who used to be Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s boss at Goldman Sachs - will replace Sir David Clementi in the £160,000-a-year role.

Tell me strings were not pulled by the government to have Gary Lineker sacked or removed for his tweets.

Alan Sugar was not removed from his BBC show the apprentice when he tweeted that he would leave the UK if Jeremy Corbyn was elected.

BBC doubled standards at play
    Disagree entirely with your statement James.
    Lineker's company 'own' him and sub contract his services to the BBC - who, please keep remembering, are funded solely by the
    fee paying public through our licence paying.
    Quid pro quo - Lineker's salary is paid for by you, me and fellow citizens from the public purse - and, no matter what
    medium he uses to post his drivel, he cannot and shall not post his thoughts, for which I pay for, lest they be considered
    to be shared by myself or others in the public sector, which incidentally, they are not.
    He is a pompous, arrogant sponger who, contrary to my view, is paid a considerable amount of money to blurb, under the
    category of "punditry", about the sport he played.
    My political leanings are neither here nor there - but Lineker, who benefits through mine and other millions of peoples generosity,
    should keep his thoughts strictly to himself.
    If he wishes to speak openly and "freely" then he should consider moving to a privately owned company/medium where he can
    blurt away to his heart's content - but I'll wager, his audience will be a fraction of the one he enjoys now, and therefore less
    affected by his words.
    The man is a sponger, a hypocrite and a charlatan who knowingly bucks the system by scribbling on Twitter ... and it is time the
    BBC stopped that by either re-writing his contract or, quite simple, by sacking him.
    He is, anyway, well beyond his "sell-by" date as far as Punditry is concerned.
    Last edited by Douglas Bay; 19th March 2023 at 05:00 PM.

14. Thanks N/A, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Johnny Kieran, vic mcclymont, cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by douglas bay View Post
    - - - updated - - -

disagree entirely with your statement james.
    Lineker's company 'own' him and sub contract his services to the bbc - who, please keep remembering, are funded solely by the
    fee paying public through our licence paying.
    Quid pro quo - lineker's salary is paid for by you, me and fellow citizens from the public purse - and, no matter what
    medium he uses to post his drivel, he cannot and shall not post his thoughts, for which i pay for, lest they be considered
    to be shared by myself or others in the public sector, which incidentally, they are not.
    He is a pompous, arrogant sponger who, contrary to my view, is paid a considerable amount of money to blurb, under the
    category of "punditry", about the sport he played.
    My political leanings are neither here nor there - but lineker, who benefits through mine and other millions of peoples generosity,
    should keep his thoughts strictly to himself.
    If he wishes to speak openly and "freely" then he should consider moving to a privately owned company/medium where he can
    blurt away to his heart's content - but i'll wager, his audience will be a fraction of the one he enjoys now, and therefore less
    affected by his words.
    The man is a sponger, a hypocrite and a charlatan who knowingly bucks the system by scribbling on twitter ... And it is time the
    bbc stopped that by either re-writing his contract or, quite simple, by sacking him.
    He is, anyway, well beyond his "sell-by" date as far as punditry is concerned.
    hit the nail bang on the head there mate ......bang on no shilly shallin......r683532......cappy

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast