Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gary Lineker

post 28. The difference between Sugar and Lineker, Sugar retracted his statement, Lineker defended his.
    As usual you try to obscure the facts, Lineker did pay the taxman over £4m. in 2012 over his non payment of taxes.
    This a current dispute, between Lineker and HRMC.
    R879855

2. Likes Keith Tindell, cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    post 28. The difference between Sugar and Lineker, Sugar retracted his statement, Lineker defended his.
    As usual you try to obscure the facts, Lineker did pay the taxman over £4m. in 2012 over his non payment of taxes.
    This a current dispute, between Lineker and HRMC.
    Yes the current dispute, for which he has already paid the tax.
    If you don't believe me you can even read about it in your beloved Daily Mail in an article from two weeks ago, see here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ax-battle.html
    The important bit in the article is where it states: "On Monday, a preliminary hearing in London was told Lineker has paid the income tax in full."
    That's paragraph six if you're struggling to find it.

Sugar retracted a picture of Corbyn imposed next to a picture of Hitler. That's the kind of thing that most adult human beings would consider beyond the pale.
    Rather importantly Sugar did not retract any of his other political statements, nor was he taken to task over them by his employer: the BBC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

dead right

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy. good afternoon,
    i believe the liverpool corruption scandal will break soon, But only after the may council elections as liverpool is a commited labour stronghold, and just like scotland under the SNP the labour party have been instrumental in shutting down any bad news they believe will hurt them because they would loose vital support from the electors at this stage if the truth was known.
    The whole corruption scandal runs deep through-out the city, and there are lots of people sitting on the sidelines ie major private investors, whom have been flucked off by the labour run council whom have favoured their friends both with-in the planning department and the sale of council owned properties which where sold on for buttons,to family and friends.
    tom

6. Thanks N/A, cappy, Brenda Shackleton thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Much ado about nothing.
    The comments were not made on the BBC, Linacre is not an employee of the BBC, he is freelance.
    Being a wealthy ex footballer should not bar him from expressing his personal opinions, what happened to the right of free speech?
    #5, Ahh Louis, The autonomy that freelance jobs provide do come with a degree of flexibility and additionally responsibility of said freelancer. This code has been breached on a regular basis by this vainglorious ex footballer who is paid by a company that we the British taxpayer are forced to submit the yearly sum of £159.00 to access All channels, which the British public have been rumbling against of late...and rightly so IMHO. The fact that said programme had an additional 500.000 viewing figures in spite of their front man and his replaceable bumptious cronies being absent will not be lost to the hierarchy of the BBC or it's long suffering viewers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Free speech is a two way street.
    The left woke Brigade try to control us with their propaganda.
    Hear Hear Vic, the lack of response from the corbynites is deafening.

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post

Lineker donated £140,000 to the Red Cross at the height of Covid and encouraged others to fund raise. He supports dozens of charities such as those involved with AIDS & HIV, Disadvantaged Youths, Cancer, Children, Conservation, Disaster Relief, Education, Environment, Fair Trade, Grief Support, Health, Homelessness, Human Rights, Hunger, Literacy, Poverty, Refugees and Veterans Support. He's also taken two refugees into his own home.
    Whilst plenty of folk are no doubt desperate to smear the man, to me at least he is far more of a human being than any of his detractors ever could be.
    #28, Well whoopee-doo but unless you can provide the exact figures for the said Chartities above then its of no real significance IMHO and nowt to do with receiving the odd gong or two! Think you'll find quite a few celebs and us plebs submit to similar Charities. There are too also tax clauses for anyone to utilise if they so wish all available on Google.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the current dispute, for which he has already paid the tax.
    If you don't believe me you can even read about it in your beloved Daily Mail in an article from two weeks ago, see here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ax-battle.html
    The important bit in the article is where it states: "On Monday, a preliminary hearing in London was told Lineker has paid the income tax in full."
    That's paragraph six if you're struggling to find it.
    #32, I find it rather ironic that you dismiss Vic's point of view by your hypocritical response in submitting a quote from a newspaper which you evidently find derisive!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think most people believe that the right to free expression is very important... until someone says something the bigoted among us disagree with. I've long been a supporter of the BBC but I'm starting to believe that the institution is no longer independent, trusted or of any great value. I reckon Lineker is entitled to speak his piece on Twitter and I thank him for his decency.

10. Likes Jim R Christie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think we all value freedom of speech , but needs looking at when you have a platform, and that platform should be able to be vetted. An Example is recently Mummies boy Jeremy Clarkson with his posting on the royal couple, i am not a royalist, but still think that this arrogant self inflated person should have been checked before publication. and so should have Gary Lineker, in fact why i should worry about his opinion anyway. so thats FWE from me.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post

#32, I find it rather ironic that you dismiss Vic's point of view by your hypocritical response in submitting a quote from a newspaper which you evidently find derisive!
    The source of the link was deliberate on my part for two reasons:

Firstly if it was in something like the Independent he (and you) would automatically dismiss it as being some kind of 'swivel eyed leftist woke commie propaganda'.
    Secondly I was indulging in being ironic, a concept that's obviously entirely lost on some, probably because they're too busy foaming at the mouth.

13. Likes Tony Taylor, James Curry liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

The source of the link was deliberate on my part for two reasons:

Firstly if it was in something like the Independent he (and you) would automatically dismiss it as being some kind of 'swivel eyed leftist woke commie propaganda'.
    Secondly I was indulging in being ironic, a concept that's obviously entirely lost on some, probably because they're too busy foaming at the mouth.
    1st, When someone questions your statement 'I didn't lick it off the back of a stone! would have been a more viable reply than the lazy insignificant morsel offered IMHO.

2nd, Have given your remark due consideration and weight and I don't believe you.

As to 'foaming at the mouth' your confusing me with your SNP comrades Mr Christie.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 12th March 2023 at 06:15 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast