Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gary Lineker

Many a smart accountant has had many a client banged up for tax evasion. Alcapone being one lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I am amazed that these ex footballers think that they are bigger than anything else, and whilst i have no time for the BBC, they have clubbed together to stop the sports. My own opinion and i am sure different to most, is get shot of the lot of them. the sort of money , my money, they are being paid is outrageous , advertise their jobs at half the rate they are paid now, and they would have dozens of people, good people , who would do the job. No one is indespensable when it comes to that sort of money, my rant for the day, kt
    Totally agree but they would probably put in another squeaky voiced woman, who is taking an ex players job

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree, women should be allowed to be commentators on women only games. I like Alex Scott but why is she commentating on mens football, sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No good here then James, our top footy commentator and expert on the game is a female.

AS to dear old Al, what do you expect, he was a crim no doubt using a crim lawyer, not a good look.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Blackwood View Post
    Totally agree but they would probably put in another squeaky voiced woman, who is taking an ex players job
    Chivalry is alive and well it seems!

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I am not a fan of Gary Lineker but he is entittled to his opinion. He did not use the BBC as a political platform. All the BBC needed to say was the views of Mr Lineker are not necessarily the views of the BBC, end off.

BORIS Johnson has parachuted a multi-millionaire Tory donor into a top job at the BBC . Former banker, Richard Sharp, is to be the next chairman of the corporation. The 64-year-old - who used to be Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s boss at Goldman Sachs - will replace Sir David Clementi in the £160,000-a-year role.

Tell me strings were not pulled by the government to have Gary Lineker sacked or removed for his tweets.

Alan Sugar was not removed from his BBC show the apprentice when he tweeted that he would leave the UK if Jeremy Corbyn was elected.

BBC doubled standards at play
    Not really Sugar is not a BBC employee the Apprentice is made by a production company under licence from the US based franchise holder, Lineker is a BBC employee in fact the highest paid employee. Interesting that when he and his supporters boycotted Match of the Day, viewing figures increased.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But Lineker, who is technically a freelancer rather than a BBC employee, has not always bitten his tongue.

A former BBC executive has said there is “a lot of confusion” around whether freelance broadcasters such as Gary Lineker, who do not work in news, should be subject to the same rules as permanent staff.
    Viewing figures went up, yes but if most were like me they gave it 5 minutes and turned it off. Did you watch it William?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well get you just another racist Tory. I don't suppose your old man was called, Ben - my - Chree and he had a dalliance with a Manx Maid, hence the Douglas Bay. Mind you if I think on Douglas is a Scots name!! suppose it could be worse imagine having a name like Phil McCracken.

Now now don't upset yourself just teasing !!!
    Would take a lot more than your mild abusive teasing to wind me up. old cock.
    Bringing my old man and his dalliances into the discussion ....
    I mean.... really???
    Is that the best you can do?
    Last edited by Douglas Bay; 3rd April 2023 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But Lineker, who is technically a freelancer rather than a BBC employee, has not always bitten his tongue.

A former BBC executive has said there is “a lot of confusion” around whether freelance broadcasters such as Gary Lineker, who do not work in news, should be subject to the same rules as permanent staff.
    Viewing figures went up, yes but if most were like me they gave it 5 minutes and turned it off. Did you watch it William?
    A "former BBC executive" has said ... ��

Where do you dig up these Vague references from ... oh, and by the way,
    ... a former Durham Council member said that Starmer did have a beer-fest during lockdown ...and yes,
    ... a former Cabinet minister did say that Blair knew all along that there were no WMD's when he lied to Parliament ... and finally ....
    ... a former civil servant claimed that Sue Gray was in dialogue with Starmer about the job offer four years ago ...

Do you see how it works?
    Nah, probably not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing with Lineker is that he's a tosser for saying what he said. That is simply an opinion, which most are entitled to. If some people agree with what he said, no problem, to them he's probably not a tosser. But the truth remains, the UK is nothing like Nazi Germany in the 30s. Of course, that is just my opinion, there may be some that think it is, there may even be some that wish it was.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast