Thread: An own goal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default An own goal?

Watching a recent premiership game of football and listening to the commentary regarding the practice, nearing the end of the match, to select a member of either side who in the pundits views had earned the accolade of Man of the Match. One of the commentators corrected his colleague and explained the new term is ‘Player of the Match’ which the FA had recently decided should be the correct terminology in relation to gender neutrality. One of the pundits, an ex footballer, pointed out that there were only men on the field, but that was argued that birth gender can be changed so all should be considered gender neutral. This is obviously the woke brigade masquerading under the banner of the FA. The mind boggles!! Soon it’ll not be ‘Arthur or Martha’ but ‘Arthur AND Martha’.
    I can see new rules in sport in relation to post goal celebrations- no more embracing members of your team unless you’re gender compatible.(members)? And post match showers should be interesting.
    Gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: An own goal?

The Woke Brigade have also decided that God cannot be described as man.
    He must be described as gender neutral.
    Vic
    R879855

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can understand the football thing concerning gender, let's face it half of them are a bunch of fannies.

I see the old woke brigade issue is being dragged up again.

5. Likes John Gill, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The women teams are calling for equal pay, this was discussed on the telly the other day. The men are paid by the gate money mainly, but when I watch a ladies match, the stadiums are rarely half full, and often empty. We don't need a pencil to work out why the pay differs do we.
    Incidentally, the women's matches are good to watch, and in time they will get a good following. They just need to hang in there.
    There was a match on telly last year, a kind of all stars thing, and a couple of women were playing, so it was mixed. Not that they did much good, they're just not equal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same problem here in Oz, the 'female' players want same rate of pay as male.
    But gate receipts are about 20% of male ones.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to be a fan of the BBC programme, Football Focus, Saturday programme runup to kick off. Usually give it a miss now,why?? Sick of listening to some female anchor who kicked a ball about for a couple of seasons. She is usually along with another female guest and some male ex player I have to google because I have never heard of him.
    The female anchor is always a good looking girl and has a good sun tan, never one that looks like Glasgow Blue.
    Sorry but football to me has been corrupted by money and all this tish about taking the knee, what a load of bo-llocks.
    Women professional players wanting equal pay,fair enough when they can play in front of sell out crowds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I used to be a fan of the BBC programme, Football Focus, Saturday programme runup to kick off. Usually give it a miss now,why?? Sick of listening to some female anchor who kicked a ball about for a couple of seasons. She is usually along with another female guest and some male ex player I have to google because I have never heard of him.
    The female anchor is always a good looking girl and has a good sun tan, never one that looks like Glasgow Blue.
    Sorry but football to me has been corrupted by money and all this tish about taking the knee, what a load of bo-llocks.
    Women professional players wanting equal pay,fair enough when they can play in front of sell out crowds.
    BBC going flat out to ensure they don't unintentionally upset any minority groups, although I bet they all travel to the studio by car (psst - stop oil guys take note).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cannot stand Gary Lineker, over paid over rated tw-at, but it would be interesting to compare viewing figures for Match of the Day mens game and a female version hosted by say Alex Scott, at least Gary bats for the mens team. Gary likes wedding cake and Alex apparently prefers Lemon drizzle cake