Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin V the West

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Putin V the West

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Well your negativity certainly shines through, surprised you haven't hot-footed it to one of your utopias, pretty sure your anti-British sentiments would be welcomed by some EEC politicians, you may even have a career as a spokesperson for them extolling their virtues and join their gravy train. There is a vast difference in being probably inept and probably corrupt, perhaps you could join the hordes of hairdressers and taxi drivers who know how to solve to country's problems, but somehow never seem to throw their hat in the ring and enter politics to right all the perceived wrongs
    Anti British sentiments? same old response If one has a different view from the likes of yourself thats it you are branded as Anti British. You mention why I have not hot footed to what I may think as Utopia. Well I suppose that the right to do that was removed by those that voted for Brexit. How is Brexit shaping up them. Time some here took a long hard look at how well the UK is doing since Brexit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    In the news today, a speech by Putin yesterday continuing with his claim that there are still Nazi in Ukraine and they must be removed.
    Still making threats about nuclear weapons and declaring the west will pay for all the goods they are supplying to Ukraine.
    Then showed troops getting ready to go to war, most looked extremely young, is he running out of regulars?
    John.
    I may not be up to date but I don't think he has committed to many of his regular army to the fighting yet.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Louis I have no objection to whistle blowers per-se if good comes from it, but did not this persons so called whistle blowing put a lot of lives in danger and it is alleged subsequent deaths in some instances
    Ivan.
    Not as many as the deaths and war crimes he exposed, and there is no evidence yet posted that proves he was responsible for US deaths. Unfortunately we have Govts of both persuasions here in AUs that bow to whatever the Americans want them to do, like not appealing Assange's imprisonment.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Thanks Louis the fly, James Curry thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The one he took refuge for was supposed to be a rape charge in one of the Scandanavian countries . His excuse according to the media , it was a short ride from there back to the USA to face other charges. Doesnt trust anyone to conform to his Law as he sees it apart trusting the UK for observing his rights of sanctuary in a foreign embassy. Myself I would not of observed such outdated laws , its the same as seeking such in a church , how many today would observe that ? Anyone committing a crime and accused of such should be ready to face his peers , that of course applies to proper men. I hope he enjoyed his stay and his foreign holiday in his chosen accomodation . the word with the correct spelling in this case is Peers and not Beers. JS This post of course refers to our friend and yours Julian Assange. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th February 2023 at 01:34 AM.
    R575129

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#42 Des your post re numbers military that is, the largest army in the world per capita is North Korea. Most countries today in the so called civilised ones that is, know the real purpose of the Military and that is for Defense . In the case of an all out war numbers are secondary , A huge army like North Korea will have two reasons for being so large or maybe 3 reasons. 1. For the purpose of domination of other countries in a conventional war, 2 . To keep control over its own people in the case of insurrection. and 3 to keep unemployment levels down. The bug bear is what do you do with these huge numbers of men during no hostilities Maybe like old King Cole who had 10.000 men he marched them up to the top of the Hill and he marched them down again ? In a nuclear war it is just as easy to kill 1 million soldiers as it is to kill one. So the whole symbolism of having large armies changes. They if still living are only good for crowd control , Every man and his dog today wants what we once called a deterrent but to some of these nutcases that no longer applies. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, if reports are true he allowed prisoners to be released and put on the front line.

As to Julian and the gov of Oz.
    There is little point in Oz getting involved, he has been offered consulate assistance which is the correct way to deal with such.
    His crime is with the USA no others, it comes back to when in Rome do as the Romans do.
    Break the law of any country and expect to be penalized by that country.

As to Brexit, had Cameron used his brain he would never have allowed the vote, but given time it will work.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Johnny Kieran thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As to anti-British sentiment if the same people who practice tried the same in North Korea it would be the last day in their lives that they saw daylight. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th February 2023 at 06:53 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=James Curry;411609. You mention why I have not hot footed to what I may think as Utopia. Well I suppose that the right to do that was removed by those that voted for Brexit. [/QUOTE]

James, with a little bit of initiative I'm sure you'll find a way, keep us posted

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some strange logic here shipmates. Killers go free while a reporter who uncovered the crimes faces life in prison???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regarding the Brexit issue, the only reason it hasn't worked is because the fatcats won't let it work. Imports and exports worked before the EU was invented, I know, because I used to do it.
    gov.uk don't want Brexit to work, and never have done. They believe in beating us down and encouraging transport difficulties until we accept going back into the EU, and that's both Tory and Labour.
    Cameron dropped a clanger in allowing the plebs a say in how the UK operates, he really thought the EU would give an inch, but us plebs knew they wouldn't, hence Brexit. He obviously didn't learn how to use pencil to work things out.

16. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast