Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin V the West

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Putin V the West

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    A few brief details, he did not serve in the military or hold a government role. No treason, no official secret act.
    He was a reporter and founder of Wikkileaks. He took refuge in Ecuadorian embassy to avoid possible extradition to US. His only crime in U.K. Not answering bail hearing. The videos he revealed show civilians being shot and killed by US troops. An embarrassment for US for the world to see. No American involved has been charged with war crimes for the deliberate killing of civilians in the videos Assange revealed.
    My apologies for not looking up the facts and my thanks to yourself for pointing them out. J.W.

2. Thanks Louis the fly thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    John is there a lot to be positive about in the UK? We probably have one of the most corrupt governments in western europe.
    Having nothing better to do I have just looked up the most corrupt countries in Western Europe. The U.K. is nowhere near the worst, Depending on which site/graph you use. Having said that, it still makes depressing reading. I mentioned before I do not dwell on things that I can do nought about so I will not be looking at that subject again to soon.

4. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You only have to look at the EU to see ow united they are in supplies to Ukraine, there are sympathisers with Putin within the EU. For the EU to make a decision on anything takes many months of meetings, its a too large an organisation (i use that term, tongue in cheek) to run anything smoothly. Anyone with sense knew it would be tough going to start with, and most of the critics would have been very pleased to be out of the EU when having their covid jabs. Unfortunately we have a soft younger generation, not prepare to tough things out, or put up with inconvenience . Don't know how they would have survived the 2nd WW, with its shortages of everything.Lets hope we never have to call on some of them, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#52 my post stated corrupt governments, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-report.html
    And this report from the Daily Mail and we all know they are a completely unbiased paper. The attached article was published on the 31st January 2023.
    I am sure there are plenty worse than the UK,just a few of these fine upstanding men trum.jpg Silvo.jpg

The French President , well known fact the President of France always has a mistress and usually has a fall guy to take the rap.Two pres.jpg Sarkozy forgot to get a fall guy.
    Last edited by James Curry; 4th February 2023 at 11:56 AM.

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I mentioned it is depressing reading, reading the Daily Mail is masochistic so I will just pass up on the subject.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I only ever quote the Daily Mail as I find the Bull tish amusing. Heaven forbid if one was to mention a quality paper like the Guardian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#56, The Guardian, now I know where you get your one sided views.
    The Guardian is so full of anti British rhetoric, it's more like a giant comic.
    Its not even fit to wipe your a**e with.
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#57 The Guardian anti british? think the newspaper tells it as it is. My one sided views are you having a laugh. One thing I have noticed for a while now is the Blue side of the political divide here have not had a lot to say lately, perfectly understandable. How can you defend the indefensible. Sooner this shower are voted out the better. 5 PM's since coming to power in 2010. The number of cabinet ministers who have been sacked for lying or corruption is dispicable 50+ either resigned or sacked. Any other country Johnson would be in jail by now.

12. Likes Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We now have another laughable example of world politics, the banning of Russia at the next Olympics, the last time this happened was because of Russia's invasion of Afghanistan, we have since had the American invasion of that same country plus Iraq, but no sign of America being banned from anything, except maybe extending their police forces in down town Memphis.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I can say about the Olympic games is Im not too interested in . They should in my estimation never have gone professional. But there again I am pretty well prejudiced against all professional sports when you see the very unprofessional behaviour of participants and onlookers alike. JS
    R575129

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast