Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my collection over the years

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: my collection over the years

just some in my collection - now bar the chronicle one - going to a good home

- - - Updated - - -

i am putting my neck in a noose here - but some if not all the people barring a few - on a 5 to 100 ratio on face book are bull shxtters when it comes to wanting to sell your stuff - - learnt the hard way !
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 27th December 2022 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Enlarge Pic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bryan, had a few time wasters , but generally sell my stuff , it all depends if stuff is over valued. To me if I am putting it on FB market place it is because I want rid of it. Prefer someone gets a bargain than it ends up in a skip

3. Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian and Graham.
    Good luck with your moves, I wish I could move to be near the sea, although we are only an hours drive away we have to go down a hill that is high enough for a plane to fly at.
    The stuff I have will probably end up in the local tip shop the Council runs, they make around $150,000 a year so my stuff could end up in a good home.
    Hope both your moves go smoothly
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

5. Thanks Graham Shaw, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

on the subject of putting a value on anything that one might want to sell - i have found that an item might hold a high value for me for instance - but the chap next door nothing - ebay and other sited that sell goods have an over inflated price at times - and then the question of rate of exchange - for instance - if its listed at 50 pounds - it works out to a 1000 rands in local currency - not with standing postage - and in a country like ours - with no post office anymore - you have to use a franchise like postnet - which costs you 99.00 sa rands for 5kg minimum - weight of parcel and courier fees are even worse as you then have to find out if the senders courier operates in your home country .... hence my giving away rather than buying motto nowadays or should i say in the past
    Last edited by Bryan Portwig; 28th December 2022 at 01:30 PM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

update and closure - i did get to move - and have settled down quite nicely ! regarding my collection of ship stuff - i gave all my union castle to someone who i know will respect the collection - THE REST LANDED IN A DUMPSTER - and set alight ! 5 boxes - 3suitcases and nothing else ! what a relieve

9. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2