Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To vote or not to vote that is the question

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: To vote or not to vote that is the question

No mate, with electronic voting who knows what goes on.
    Trump said he was done, well there was some electronic voting there, maybe he has a point.

But as to who to vote for, all are very similar and they work on the fact that most of the electorate think they run the country.
    When the fact is the country is run by the men behind the scenes, the public servants, the constant factor.
    Poli are only the shop window for them.

Major departments, treasury which has the biggest job, home affairs, international trade, department of defense, and many more including the wonderful taxman who we all know very well.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It certainly ain’t fool proof John , no voting system is , the old voting by a show of hands you can say some would put two hands up. Some 3 world countries do it by thumbprint they will stick their thumb anywhere for a bribe , even up their nose if told to . it’s the idea of having a vote that sends people into raptures . Most seamen have seen the ways of the world and know most of the trickswhere certain types think any wealth accumulated from thei position in government is a way of life and the community expect it as they know no better. As has gone on for hundreds of years . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th November 2022 at 11:42 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #22
    good morning, corruption as you point out is endemic in third world countries, Here in towns and cities where there is large populations of immigrants from the third world countries it is common place as they have brought those same ideals and way of life with them, The answer in the future because of the immigrant population rise will be a DNA swab or a biological chip, as corruption and vote fraud in the future will be off the scale .
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Someone mentioned using am ordinary phone on here, is there anything wrong with that? At a time when young people are scraping a living and trying to buy a house, they are prepared to pay up to and over $600 a month to use a phone, someone is ripping them off for, our monthly bill is $50.no charge for calls we can be on it for hours, which we aren't. We go up the RSL for dinner and the whole place is a cacophony of people yelling into the phones, Then there are others reading up on Twitter or some other love me page, plus they can't be very good phones that they have to shout to be heard. It seems the more we progress the further back we go.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#23 Every man has his price is the saying Thomas . With the peasant it s just a pittance , for those in powerful positions it is of much larger amount after all they have appearances to keep up. Even going back to Biblical times Judas Iscariot had his 40 pieces of silver . JS

#24. Most will have hearing aids or implants before they are 40 Des. Then again the time may come when they are born with one in their hand . Nature has a way of copying the nature of mankind. Like the appendix it came and had its day and is now just a memory , annoying at times .Or like Julius Caesar and his Veni Vidi Vici ..I came saw I conquered . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th November 2022 at 01:18 AM.
    R575129

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Someone mentioned using am ordinary phone on here, is there anything wrong with that? At a time when young people are scraping a living and trying to buy a house, they are prepared to pay up to and over $600 a month to use a phone, someone is ripping them off for, our monthly bill is $50.no charge for calls we can be on it for hours, which we aren't. We go up the RSL for dinner and the whole place is a cacophony of people yelling into the phones, Then there are others reading up on Twitter or some other love me page, plus they can't be very good phones that they have to shout to be heard. It seems the more we progress the further back we go.
    Des
    Agree with most of what you say des ......but reading it i did think well what a grumpy old bugger lol ......moaning about everything .....but then i know you are not ALL that grumpy ......so off to the rugby i go before you give me both barrels ......R683532 CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The proof is in the pudding, just look at Tower Hamlets in London. Probably the largest ethnic population in the country. The Mayor was nicked for fiddling the vote, and was sacked for it. Then after a few years, he's back in, how did that happen? I think his name was Rahman or something, good English name anyway.

10. Likes Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Des
    Maybe yelling because they are calling long distance, my dear old mum used to do that if I phoned her from abroad.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #25
    good evening Your right in the respect of what a mans worth is, it could be a oil painting worth millions, and in some cases, it could be the night with a gorgeous woman, in one case many years ago, a building clerk of the works in liverpool would accept a couple of bottles of whisky to pass off ( work ) for stage payments on a job, even though the council was a marxist stronghold the peasants still had to survive,
    tom

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WE had a state erection her yesterday.
    Not one expert got it right about what would happen.
    Labor was going to bashed they said .

Result Labor win and gain an extra seat, Liberals get smashed, but gain more votes than last time, Labor got less.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast