Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Shameful.

It beggars belief that the Queen Elizabeth II topic has disappeared so quickly from the top ten topics list.

Fouro.

2. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Shameful.

I am personally amazed how all news channels in the UK have been transmitting solid news on the death of the Queen for some 5 solid days now, the commentators must be really struggling to say something new. It is a very sad occasions, and her actual funeral will be a period of deep reflection again, and then of course we will have the crowning of the new King, no other country can put on a show as the UK on such an occasions. At the end we all carry on with our own lives.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As long as the flags stay at half mast will be. considered the expected period of mourning , although the mourning of family and those close to them will carry on as per persons feelings. Myself I have made my feelings felt, and as said originally there are already strains of the. Old violin music of the big R word subtlety put into the occasional news broadcasts. There will be plenty of time yet for people to stand up and show their true feelings for the monarchy , this may continue for months or years yet , and will. Be many broadsides still to come. Politics don’t particularly interest me , but I do follow the doctrines of the monarchy and not some creature President or Dictator, our present system works , and will gird up my loins when necessary as hopefully others will do also. I didn’t know we had a top ten in topics ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro
    Although to an extent i can agree with you, one must remember that with so many Posts and Topics, with all the repl;ies the list goes down very fast, so this being the reason for it being out of as you mention The Top Ten.
    I think that most that are regulars have had their say, and as such i feel that we all have done our bit!

With respect though i am sure that there will still possibly be more replies with time, this being the case the Thread will possibly come into the Ten again!

To end may i just say its not really a shame, but a feeling of ones own to see the Thread not keeping up there!
    Thank You
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2. Keith I know here in Australia the media are putting on show all those people who appear to make claim to knowing the Queen of the past. They may enjoy doing this and may make them think that they know something that the general public do not know , all good fortune to themselves in doing so. I would not be so presumptuous to think I knew someone personally by conversing with them for 5 or 10 minutes . The monarchy is a peculiar system of legality intertwined with the political government of the UK , and is peculiar to the UK only. It has worked in the past and will into the future I sincerely hope. Fouros claim as to no one harping on about it like the media does, does not show disrespect , but just the opposite , you will see this at any death and the ceremony’s that follow . Most people on this site know this and after saying how sorry they are and all the recriminations necessary that follow , don’t want to have to repeat it over and over again like one trying to convince themself of the truth of their own statement. If any one thought by doing so would bring her back ,no doubt we all would , but it is not so. Cheers JS
    R575129

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John , i did not say Four is harping on, the media in my opinion are really struggling to say something new, even down to a member of the Royal yacht, who spoke to him for a few moments. I have said she was a wonderful Queen, and now just respect shown until she is buried, and the King crowned, and then we all have to get on with life. Had no intention of upsetting anyone.
    R689823

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing I did notice that was different was, the flag which was covering the Queen's coffin going into the plane at Edinburgh wasn't the same flag covering her coffin coming out of the plane at Northolt which means a change over of the Royal Standard flags must have taken place inside the aircraft.
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6 I know you didn’t keith but it gave me a chance to refer to Fouros original post. Fouro probably like a lot of us due to mainly age are likely to lose the gist of what is being said and finds it harder to put across what he means. In a more diplomatic manner. I think I know what he is trying to say as we all get to know each other and picture ourself from Our posts and fouro has always been a stand up man and say what he feels is correct. The Queens death will have affected different people different ways and they will express that grief sometimes differently trying to get it out. Your Royal yacht sailor is a point in fact , out here they are intercviewing the Queens jockeys and horse trainers in the search to keep the ball rolling . The people themselves will do that by their attendance wherever the Queen lies . That and our thoughts are the real mourning process..Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th September 2022 at 12:28 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Fouro with no disrespect intended, one can get to much of one thing, our TV here has seen never ending repeats of the same thing that is happening over in the UK. Ordinary people still have to go to work and still have their own troubles to take care of,; so a change from what is happening in the UK is the result, the same on this site, life hasn't stopped for the rest of us, our memories are still with us of the Queens reign, there is no real need to keep repeating it.
    Cheers DEs
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This following Link from me is in no way at all a Disrepect towards the new proclaimed King or his Wife!
    But i must say that i am shocked by this allegation from the Man in question.

Its the first i have heard of this, possibly not the first for others??

What are your thoughts ! I am just dumstruck!

Prince Charles and Camilla's Secret Son: See the photo | New Idea Magazine

Added I wonder if the writings of Nostradamus may have anything to do with the above , as he predicted that King Charles would not Reign for very long, and would Abdicate the Throne!??? Weird things can happen!

Queen’s death: Nostradamus predicted King Charles III will abdicate in 2022, leading Prince William to become monarch | 7NEWS
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 14th September 2022 at 01:29 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast