Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shameful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Shameful.

5 annahs on the way . JS. I nah e nah but I wanna nah anahl. X 5.. JS .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th September 2022 at 07:47 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#28 I always thought Des that the Prince of Wales was more or less the usual position of the Heir Apparent ? The King or monarch himself/herself doesn’t get consulted if they want to put themselves out to do the job .That is left today to the younger ones who think they have the right to do as they please . I personally have nothing against that , but once they put their 72 hours notice in that’s it , they’re gone . JS
    R575129

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although the sheer repetitions that are repeated over and over again to most of us seem unnecesssary , but I am finding that watching them brings back memory’s as to what I was doing at that time and place that is being discussed. Most of the places shown we have all been to and seen before , but see them in a slightly different light when they are cleaned up for the general public, e.g. Malta my memories are slightly different of matelots battling in the pubs down the gut. But in general the whole scene is like a walk down memory lane. As regards the unfortuanate deaths both in the Uk and on site reminds me of the ,what we called the cemetery for ships at the Eastern anchorage in Singapore where I spent some time , reminding be that ships die as well as the people who worked them. Age has the benefit of experience of the past and knowledge of the future. We should all be pleased to be still here . I’m going to bed , my eyes are nearly closing with watching this blasted tv screen. Cheers JS
    R575129

5. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every time a world event tragedy strikes, sure as shite good old Nostradamus comes out.* I have read the original words*of the book of Nostrodames.*

It is nothing but extremely vague ideas put down and passed of as prophecies to sell to the gullible*of his times.

Nostradamus was born in the south of France in 1503 and died in France in 1553. Nothing in his writing predicts an historical event or personage by name. It is all vague generalities that do not fit any SPECIFIC event and can fit into any century or country.

He did not say Queen Elizabeth would live a long life or when or how she would die.* *His generalities were just that and not what, where and when and to whom his "prophecies". around this*or*any subject says it is, I quote,"The death of a Queen would present great difficulties." "Har, ha! there he said it", you say, reading into it what you will.... Your grandparents could have said the same thing about Queen*Victoria with WW I just around*the corner and her long life.* His generalities were not aimed at the UK.* In his own country, those who*lived through the Reign of Terror could have said "Oui", at the execution of Marie Antoinette as could the survivors of Catherine the Great of Russia sa "Da". Etc. etc....
    If I searched the WEB of all the Queens of Europe who died I could probably find a dozen that fit the bill.Nostradamus was not poking his inky finger in the British lion's eye; he was out to sell pamphlets and make a buck off the gullible, or pigeons or marks as we call em in the States.

The book of Nostradamus*ranks up with the*gypsy fortune teller, spouting generalities and then asking to have her palm crossed with silver.

Cheers, Rodney*
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 17th September 2022 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Every time a world event tragedy strikes, sure as shite good old Nostradamus comes out.* I have read the original words*of the book of Nostrodames.*

Cheers, Rodney*
    It took me a while to remember the other one. OLD MOORES ALMANAC, published annually for more than two hundred years, if you care to buy it!
    Bill.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 20th September 2022 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of Nostradamus predictions , is that King Charles will not reign for long, possibly abdicating or Die!
    Well i read yesterday that the poor Quuen is hardly let lie, when they are already talking of the Kings Funeral Plans??? How Bizzare!!

Lets see what happens!

But to me all i say is

"God Save the King"

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vernon.
    Those words are very similar to the famous words spoken by Geoff Whitlam when he was sacked. " God save the Queen: but nothing will save the Governor General".
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is the custom Vernon for the funeral of th in coming monarch to be planed for as soon as possible.

But predictions of all manner will always appear at such times, though many have been true.
    But our Charlie is now 75 in November, will be 90 in 15 years, will he still be with us??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4