Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: London and other places

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: London and other places

naw les i was just joshing ozzies in general ....love the country been many times in years gone bye....ist thing i did as i was retiring was take my beloved and show her that great place ....spent a month or so trotting aboutbut the change in climate is a prob ....i never thought i would complain about the heat in the uk but ....nearly 40c in yorks .....we are not geared up for it my thoughts are there are two many of us in the world and growing .....but what the feck do i know.....any way hope you get your sunshine soon ...and here wishing it would cool down a mite.....regards cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is not a whinge Cappy, but this morning it was so cold the aircon switched off so the outside unit could warm itself up, went out dressed like an Eskimo.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy mate if I was to have taken offence at that mate I would be throwing a load of cement into me to toughen me up lol. So miss the old banter on number five for sure as it sharpened up the old grey matter for sure. Where to feck has all that gone? Oh that it right so many on site take things literally and need some of that cement tonic
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les old Fella
    If you go to the Scuttlebutt Chat , and post there it is a way of having some of your old time Fun, as long as its above Board though! By that i mean within the Rules, and not too much of the bad language. But one can at least post a few things there that would otherwise be taken off or moved!
    Have Fun, but go carefully!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

August 10th, a time normally in Melbourne when temperatures would begin to improve.
    Not this year, we are going backwards.
    Only 9 degrees today, coldest day this year.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Cappy mate if I was to have taken offence at that mate I would be throwing a load of cement into me to toughen me up lol. So miss the old banter on number five for sure as it sharpened up the old grey matter for sure. Where to feck has all that gone? Oh that it right so many on site take things literally and need some of that cement tonic
    Les your lucky you had the no 5 hatch banter or whatever ....many who go through life never had the patter ....or the sense of humour always about...jeez when i ist worked in a mill in bradford .....no bugger ever smiled ...a lot on this site i believe are hear because they miss them times good and bad .....so just wrap up warm mate and off you go to the beach...but watch out for old nobby ......cheers cappy R683532

8. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    This is not a whinge Cappy, but this morning it was so cold the aircon switched off so the outside unit could warm itself up, went out dressed like an Eskimo.
    Des
    Well des mate it was really cold here at xmas .....when i lit the XMAS candle all the bloody old age pensioners in the village ran in to get a warm....and what upset me was one old bugger was still working looking after the public toilets until the week before xmas so he had money .....but they had a stock take and he was 3 shits short and got the sack ......aye its tough being an old count..... but still we struggle on ....R683532

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just spotted this thread about London and climate change, very interesting.
    Yes it's hot here, but I think the worlds climate has a longer lifespan than us mere mortals. A few years ago, I was watching some guys drilling into the ground at a place in Dagenham, so I asked them what they were doing. A guy said the were drilling for samples of the deep layers under the surface. He showed me an example of what he'd just found. It was a 2ft long, 2-3 inches wide lump of dark clay looking stuff, and he broke it up to find things to show me. "What do you think this is then" he asked, "no idea" I said. he told me it was a sharks tooth, then showed me another thing he said was a crocodile tooth. He said that the whole of London and the Thames area was once under water, in a tropical zone, and that was before it was covered in ice during the ice age.
    It just made me feel that our lives are so short, and we don't mean much to the world, because it's going to do it's thing regardless of us being here momentarily.
    So I suppose a few weeks of hot weather and no rain, is just a fleeting bat of an eyelid in time.
    I think I'll get the sunbeds out before Autumn creeps up on us, and with a bit of luck we can moan about the rain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar situations in a number of countries I would suggest.
    Here in Oz just outside the town of Cober Pedy there is the Painted desert.
    Many million years ago it was a sea, sea shell can still be found there in large amounts.

I doubt any one scientist or others can fully explain what happens with climates over millions of years.
    We now have a situation where the younger generataion are being frighted to death by the prospects of some armagedon brought on by a few who want to change the world to suit their own ideas.

Climate change does not happen overnight, as can be evidenced in many places around the world.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

August 10th and still no rain, but it worked.
    I washed one of our cars and sure enough the heavens opened just after I completed it.
    Might wash the other one tomorrow!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast