Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Coincidence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Terrible Coincidence.

Suddenly I started thinking and asking myself 'Why should two of the worst disasters to happen over Scotland have the same initials?'
    The initials were PA.
    The first disaster I think about is the Piper Alpha which happened on 6th July 1988.
    The second is the Pan American flight 103 which departed from Heathrow airport for the United States. I checked the security of this flight on several occassions when it was the responsibility of British Airports Authority to do so.
    Flight PA 103 was blown out the sky on 21st December 1988.
    I would emphasize that Pan Am carried out their own sec.urity at the time of the disaster.
    I often think of these two happenings

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Terrible Coincidence.

Fouro as regards the first one obviously. It is disappearing into the mists of time and history as this weeks International Express there is not even a mention of it. I mentioned in a previous post some weeks ago that my memory’s had been kept alive by not known who that first survivor was and have been asking for the past 20 years. However through the good offices of Marian who sent. Me all the press clippings of the time , there he is picture and all . So my niggle which has kept the story unresolved in my mind for just under 34 years has been resolved for me. However the families and friends of those lost will no doubt continue unabated. The rest of the general public will give scant attention to , such is life.
    The next PA wasn’t the brains and bomb maker for that finally caught and arrested in Scotland .Much later wasn’t he released to return to Libya as was supposed to be dying with cancer , which turned out he at least he lived for many years after and may even still be alive today ? Bliar was PM when he was released and he claimed it was up to the Scottish office to decide on his release on humanity grounds ? as was noted at that time he had many private meetings with Gaddafi at the time. Myself I wouldn’t trust that man as far as I could have thrown him. The same as Gadaffis assassination dead men tell no tales .Cheers JS.
    PS the enquiry of the first was not even over when the second happened , followed by further maritime catastrophes. JS
    PS Go to post 128 in Aftermath. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th July 2022 at 01:53 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Al Megrahi released in 2009 died in 2012, he should have died in Greenock prison not in Lybia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He should have against a wall shot by a firing squad afetr being convicted.

5. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Fouro #1
    good morning, by all means keep a open mind about all things,including Flight PA 103, But anything connecting the esteemed Sir Anthony Blair and the killing of Mammer Gaddafi of Libya will only drive you further into insomnia,
    tom

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Fouro, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A, Doc Vernon, john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whereas the Piper Alpha disaster was caused by an enginering misunderstanding which afterwards developed into a major tragedy the PA ,103 flight was blown out of the sky by a terrorist bomb, another tragedy, the Hyde Park bombing was caused by a terrorist bom set off by John Downey who was later told that throumgh a terrible mistake by the Blair government that the authorities no longer wanted him for the bombing.

Fouro.

9. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #6.
    A really terrible Coincidence that these three disasters all happened in the 1980's.

Fouro.

11. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good morning everyone, just thought I'd remind all of you that today the 20th July 2022 is the 40th Anniversary of the wicked deeds carried out by John Downey the Hyde Park car bomber which resulted in four mounted soldiers and seven of their beautiful horses being killed.
    A lump comes to my throat when I see the seven horses lying dead on the ground.
    So, so much for justice, eh?.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Pan AM flight, when that bomb went bang not only did it seal the fate of all onboard but sadly those that lived below the flight path would see another 11 people lose their lives.

14. Thanks Bill Morrison, Fouro, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes James you are quite correct to point this out.
    The total fatalities were 259 on board which included the 16 crew members and as you have pointed out the 11 villagers who unfortunately were under the flight path of 'Maid of the Seas'.
    Regards from
    Fouro.

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast