Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why is it so?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is it

I started the post Shame to take it out of the category of the Honours System. Just let me State my adversity to the past PM being given the highest and oldest honour of them all . I can remember when was PM that the media reported he had been selling them to foreign citizens, and he did not try too hard to deny it, his excuse was that they had given the money to charity, the charity of course was the Labour Party’s war chest. Apart from other mismanagement in the Middle East this is my biggest gripe. Before entering the Honours parade your background is examined meticulously for any criminal activity’s which are a no no, and one is likely to be struck off if found to follow that path , as a famous jockey did years ago for tax evasion. And yet I know of at least one Lord in the House of Lords who has a police record for kerb crawling , it is therefore not an equal playing field. The present dissent with the award to the past PM , they may have thought that enough time had passed for all to be forgotten and forgiven, they seem to forget that ordinary people do not forget and if they think they are losing their memory will write it down for prosterity . There are no stones to hide under if guilty. Cheers JS.
    In defence of the Honours system I can only quote Churchill , who I
    don’t consider a good politician , but he proved his worth during war conditions ...
    ....the object of presenting medals, stars and ribbons is to give pride and pleasure to those who have deserved them.... House of Commons 1944.. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th June 2022 at 01:38 AM.
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is it so?

Today we heard on the radio that a Chinese intergalactical telescope had received what they considered to be sounds from a distant life source.
    Many thought this may be aliens from some far off land looking for intelligent life here on Earth.

That may have been possible but as we have since heard the sounds actually came from our feral parliament, so no chance of intelligent life there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is it so?

Have no problem with Ash Barty Ash is a good helpful person, ut as to Shane Warne, I do not believe his Character is one that should be followed or allowed in decent society.

6. Thanks Trevor Bodiam thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2