Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Monarch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Our Monarch.

I have every respect for our present Queen. She has reigned this country impeccably for seventy years. She has also had to deal with lots of trauma within her own family. Firstly with prince Charles and Diana's marriage breaking up. Then prince Andrew's marriage doing likewise, hen the death of Diana on top of that.Then Harry and his wife didn't help matters. Recently she lost her husband prince Phillip and now the recent scandal of Andrew on top of all this. Let's face it she is a human being and many human beings amongst us would most probably have given up long ago. People will say she has everything at her fingertips but that doesn't help how she feels within herself.
    So I say Well Done Your Majesty.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our Monarch.

A strong lady who puts duty first.

I see some sort of survey amongst the public did not go so well for the Royals.
    Scotland see only 45% in favor, and in England many of the young generation are not inclined to like the concept.

But as with all such surveys it depends on who is taking it and how the question is asked.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

She or any monarch gives a country a sense of purpose and permanency to have a bloodline going back century’s and one of only a few countries to have that one good point, as against having some self proclaimed king of the castle, or even just as bad, some mouthpiece talking their way into a position of power for 3 years. Those who decry the British system would more than likely very much regret getting rid of , it is a short way to a future regular disaster. Although they they don’t have the power of the past , they are there and will always be a memory that power can corrupt , and we have ample reminders of others all over the world in similar situations . The rituals and the interest that they arouse world wide at large brings a glow to the country as a whole and is a boon to tourism alone apart from many other advantages that they bring, and long may they reign. Would you rather have a leader like the North Korean leader , who thinks he is a king by right of name, or Putin who is a king of the old
    fashioned form of hierchy . I prefer our present situation to take the mind of some of the wasters that call themselves government and good to know that at the very least all documents of a legal nature have the Monarchs stamp on them also . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe we should emerge from the pages of history books and face the reality of today's world.
    How can it be acceptable to give millions of pounds every year to a family of billionaires? The wealth of the family is a closely guarded secret because of the objections it would raise if revealed. It was the practice for generations to marry off prince's and princess's to other European royal households to increase their wealth, power and land holding.
    The honours system is another relic of the past we still cling onto. Every year medals are awarded from an empire which no longer exists.
    I am not expecting to see change in my lifetime but younger generations will question why we live under a system which bears absolutely no relevance in their lives.

5. Likes Keith Tindell, Jim R Christie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everyone has their own views regarding any subject , but when it comes to the why and wherefore of the British Monarchy , I ask myself which do I prefer to see ruling a country , a President or a monarch ? A president in most cases regardless of his politics has ambitions , family and children the same as a monarch. He or She Will have to
    accumulate money either honestly or dishonestly from the public purse so is going to be much more expensive than a British monarch who is mostly self sufficient. A president becomes the sole owner of the armed forces , police forces , and is the hirer and firer of all the departments of government that is if he decides to have one.
    What I see when people denounce the Royal family which is totally immaterial to the good of the country is only sour grapes , I see them as the saving grace of the UK and it’s provinences . Some of the younger ones may have fallen by the wayside when it comes to their duty as a member of the Royal Family , and from myself and suppose many others deserve the scorn giving to them for lack of backbone , that scorn should not be used against the other members who have straighter backbones and carry on with their duties.In short I will always prefer Royalty over Presidents or Dictators who are amateurs in comparison. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 3rd June 2022 at 09:42 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would rather have the Queen than President Boris. But I think when Queen rings FWE there should be a good clear out of what are just a bunch of hangers on. Andrew would be a good place to start. I do strongly suspect though that Charles will have that matter well in hand, maybe Governor to the Falkland Islands.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As long as they don’t send him here as a remittance man. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I would rather have the Queen than President Boris. But I think when Queen rings FWE there should be a good clear out of what are just a bunch of hangers on. Andrew would be a good place to start. I do strongly suspect though that Charles will have that matter well in hand, maybe Governor to the Falkland Islands.
    If what you say in your last sentence comes true James, Andrew did show some bravery serving as a helicopter pilot in that war. I would point out the British government wanted to give him a desk job but his mother the Queen
    wouldn't have it that way and told the government to keep him in the front line.
    So maybe being made Governor of the Falkland Islands would be a good position for him.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when we were young men would any of us turned d own a young attractive woman what was dangled in front of them like that american .....andrews prob began when he tried to deny it all ....if your caught at least have the balls to admit it .......where as she carried on for along time offering services and living a big lifestile.....there are many i am sure waiting for the next list of offenders coming out .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The monarchy will likely be gone in a generation - young people simply have no time for it.
    Back in 2016 a nationwide survey put only 40% of 18-25s in favour of retaining the monarchy.
    Another survey last year saw that dip to only 30% - this falling support is part of a wider trend over the years through the age groups.

Just imagine if Randy Andy had been the first born and heir to the throne - what would people think then of the concept of monarchy?
    Even if he was convicted of a crime, there is no mechanism legal or otherwise in place to prevent an heir to the throne from succeeding as monarch.

12. Thanks j.sabourn, Graham Payne thanked for this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast