Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Our Monarch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our Monarch.

A much abbreviated spotlight on QE 11

Royal tours of Australia Have been taken place since 1867. There have been over 50 by members of the Royal Family since then.
    QE 11 is the only reigning monarch to have set foot in Australia and has made 16 visits and gone to every state and territory.
    Queen Elizabeth 11, Full name Elizabeth Alexandria Mary, officially Elizabeth 11, by the Grace of God,of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other Realms and Terrorities Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith,
    Elder daughter of Prince Albert, Duke of York and his wife Lady Elizabeth Boes-Lyon.
    In 1947 after visiting South Africa with her parents King George v1 and his Queen was engaged to her distant cousin Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten R.N. formely Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark ... Married November 20 1947.. The rest is History and would take too long to put to paper. JS

We had in that year what they called utility furniture. My father had just got back from Burma so he assumed Command , got me a paper round so was another incoming household wage. Hope the Royal couple had better luck with the furniture.JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th June 2022 at 03:35 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Religion, a benefit or a curse?
    All depends on where you come from and how you view it.

Like JS I was christened in a Church of England and it is still there as far as i know.
    Married to a Catholic, I had to prove I had been dipped in the water, thankfully had a certificate to that end.
    Had to go for six weeks on a Friday night for councelling by the priest.

But kit did me no harm.

Just think how great the world would be if all lived by the Ten commandments.
    But man is only human, well most are, so we sin and do other things.

There is a push here in Oz for us to become a republic within the Commonwealth, was tried back in the 1990's but failed, no one could decide on what kind.
    But if it 'aint broke don't fix it is the cry from many.

Our Queen has served the land of Oz well over the years, she has a great love for us.

The problem for us will be if the referendum is put for the call to republic there are some who will go to all extremes to get it through.
    Those who no doubt will benefit from such a change.

A monarchy such as we have in envied by so many others, stability that is found in no other style.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#76 That only applies to true democracies Rodney some so called Presidents, and some so called democracy’s, and one can’t get them out . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th June 2022 at 08:34 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then there are the presidents such as Putin who declare they are president for life.

Interesting bit today in the news about him.
    Doctors had to be called to him while he was speaking with his generals.
    Told he must keep all talks and appointmemts to the lowest as his health will not tolerate long spells of such.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast