Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Monarch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our Monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Would you ban the SNP then as they were sympathetic to the Nazis and the IRA?
    Except they weren't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check your history!!!
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 4th June 2022 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #31 Re the PS They dont qualify Cappy , all have too much money. JS.
    Thats possibly true john .....they earned it by not joining any unions thereby there income not being restricted by the rates set by the union .....which pays the leaders many times the income of there FELLOW ....and i use that word tongue in cheek.......workers..... cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #27, Yes indeed cappy, God Save the Queen. Have had a delightful morning the Queen's Platinum Jubilee was celebrated along with the annual village Fete. Numerous floats decked out accordingly and including some of the older ladies passing by wearing their hats, gloves and waving their Union Jacks as were the folk lining the streets including me with mine. I left the parade as it settled on the village green for an afternoon of activities and fun for all. Did my heart good and not an SNP flag in sight.
    Marian im pleased you are enjoying the celebrations .....that is what the jubilee is about .....it is reported that some cities are not but the majority are ..... i can only state the villages and heartlands of this country are alive with bunting and local folk enjoying many festivities ....a great break from the hard times of the world at this time.....long may it reign.....cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Coming from a village myself I'm inclined to think that village people enjoy occasions such as this much more than town folk.
    I am glad you enjoyed yourself Marian and I am really pleased there were no SNP flags on show.
    Regards from
    Fouro.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #41
    good afternoon, good to hear you and your family and friends celebrated the jubilee and i note that your village and it seems all those other villages across this country of ours celebrated with all the gusto that such a lifetime achievement by our monarch deserves,sadly the same response was not evident in some cities and i could but not notice when watching the televised celebrations outside the palace of how many of the millions of foriegners whom live in the city of london,and failed to turn out and celebrate their chosen countries monarch,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good fun to see the Queen enjoying herself. Also good to know she keeps a Marmalade sandwich in her handbag just in case lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#44 Do you know what flavour. .? My wife eats lime marmalade as doesn’t like oranges, and I eat Ginger marmalade because I prefer to the others.However she doesn’t keep in her handbag thank goodness , Len Patterson also keeps a handbag will have to ask Thomas what does he keep in his. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Check your history!!!
    I know full well the history and some of the claims made.
    You stated the SNP were sympathetic - I'd be interested to see evidence that the party was in any way sympathetic, as opposed to the odd individual or someone previously expelled for being a nutter.
    The Tories are not exactly free from sin in that regard, with a very long list of members who were sympathetic or openly supportive of the Nazis, Mussolini, General Franco, Pinochet etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #45
    good afternoon, your appetite for ginger marmalade and mention of bags brings a memory back to me of when i met cappy and he had his bag with him,or at least thats what he said it was, ( more like a emu) but whatever he kept in it he was left with sticky fingers,whenever he drew his hand out of it, i myself now prefer the sporran not only is it made from seal skin and its fur but you can always reach into it without drawing attention and stroke the fur and when you take your hand out you can smell the sea ,its very reassuring and satisfying in a strange way.
    tom ::

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast