Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Monarch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our Monarch.

WELL an old chestnut raised again by a lot of folk with crystal balls .....the nation came together to wish our queen congratulations ...god bless her is much more heard than ....bless tom dick or harry ...the country is full of little queens .....yesterday they paraded in front of our soldiers in the mall .....hopefully they recieved there lumps... there are more weired little protester groups...trying to stop a myriad of various situations .....stop frackin ...stop the oil ....stop the left stop the right....stop the war start the war .....stop the bleedin benefit system and they might all end up working ....they are up the trees down the sewers ....but our royal family are here to stay .....unless the crystal ball minority who forecast corbyn would have a landslide victory.....boris would be sacked .....manage to polish there balls more vigourisly ....the royals ..who are the envy of the world are here to stay .....GOD SAVE HER MAJESTY and the next in line....the dour cromwellian days have long gone .....perhaps queen sturgeon ..... OR beers and korma will have a jubillee......lol cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would you ban the SNP then as they were sympathetic to the Nazis and the IRA?

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #27
    good afternoon ,i can add no more too your fine tribute to our monarchs celebration reign of seventy glorious years except to add that im forming a group and the aim will be to bann all complaints and anybody complaining,
    i will send you the necessary application form for your delectation and approval.
    sadly there will be a starting up fee of 3s 9p, for all new members,
    tom
    ps we dont accept any loons, weirdos, so dont apply.

5. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, vic mcclymont, Bill Morrison, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R Christie View Post
    See the previously attached link - it's all there should you care to read it.
    It was pure luck that we didn't have a monarch with Nazi sympathies at one of the most critical moments of this country's history, i.e. the utterly desperate situation we found ourselves in after Dunkirk - the "system" had nothing to do with it.
    we could have had that salmond fella ...bonny prince charlie .....the sturgeon .....bill brewer jan stewer peter gurney peter davy daniel whidon harry hawk old uncle tom cobbly and all old uncle tom cobbley and all .....but happily we have her majesty god bless her .....cappy R 683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When i was a young unmarried man i was a royalist.....there are now nine in my family including grankids etc ....they are all happy with our royal family and support the queen and i doubt very much if that will change in a decade .... is there any family on average that has not someone in it who is less than they should be .....such is life ......cappy R683532...PS non are in unions...lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have always loved and admired the Royals especially Elizabeth, what a fine and gracious Lady! As has been said she has Ruled that Country so long and done it with Honours!
    Slightly off the subject but not entirely, i wonder what will happen in time here in Aussie, with the new Government just taken the reigns, and talk now again of making this place a Republic.
    Its a hard call i feel and many will not be happy at all, me include as with her Majesty having been our Head for so long, now to have a Prime Minister! And what kind at that! Eeeeeeek !!!
    Cheers

God Bless the Queen!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Would you ban the SNP then as they were sympathetic to the Nazis and the IRA?
    Well Vic,
    As SNP is short for Scottish Nutter Party, would you not expect them to do something silly like this?.

Regards from
    Fouro.

10. Thanks Bill Morrison thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#32. Disinvolvement of the British Crown will automatically see the breakup of the Commonwealth , and the world will be a poor place for it. The Commonwealth is held together by the Royal Family . There is no politician big enough to hold it together , the crown itself holds it together. Just for a moment try and imagine in your head the change of titles that will have to come about , just start with the armed forces , from HM armed forces to what ? Boris Johnson’s armed forces ? And that’s just for starters think of all the others when You take such words as majesty ,Royal, and similar words out of the English concise dictionary which will come eventually , the same as equal rights for women. JS .
    ... Anyhow I am going to the afternoon tea organised by a member of the community of the village here tomorrow , You had to have your name down 3 weeks ago , they are now turning people away as insufficient room for over 200 people . I am prepared with 2 hip flasks , and a collar and tie for the occasion. The old true Australian is still there in the under bush apart from all the moaners and groaners , who are always there for whatever subject they can get a dig in , they used to have a name during hostility’s like WW 11 and called 5th.columnists or better known in France as Agents de provectrures . Every country has them . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th June 2022 at 01:55 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Monarchy or a Republic, that is the question, whether tis nobler to continue with the current, or by going republic and opposing end it.

But a republic, USA style maybe where if you have enough money you may well win.
    Or maybe like some in Africa , maybe an Idi Amin style.

The monarchy for all the defects some may see in it brings something so many countries wish for, stability

It is this stability that saw England at the heart of the industrial revolution, saws it through the depression, and most importantly saw it through two world wars and a number of other wars.
    It brought about the Commonwealth of nations where even those who have become a republic still cling to.

Peace and prosperity are some of the virtues of the monarchy, and yes some decry it, but at the same time would not want any other style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    With respect John that poll in Scotland you refer to was the percentage taken from the 600 Scots who were asked!!
    OMG Marion, such a large number, where did they find them all? LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks j.sabourn, Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#31 Re the PS They dont qualify Cappy , all have too much money. JS.
    R575129

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast