Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh what a great Surprise i got!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Oh what a great Surprise i got!

Well Toady was most probably one of the best days i have had in many Years and boy what a surprise too!
    As her indoors is about to turn 75 in a few days time, she got me to sit down as in her Words "I have something to discuss with you dear" Oh my Lord i thought what on Earth have i done!

Anyway what came forth was Music to my Ears and something which as a few here know has been on my mind a long time!

Again in her words " Love i am about to consider retirement, and need your thoughts on this issue" well i was dumbfounded to say the least and at first thought it was some joke!
    But No! it was for real, and she asked me for help on making the decision, as she was in a sort of not too sure Mind!

Well after us sitting and talking over the issue it came down to the fact that she had now had enough, and thinks its time!

Horah!! said i , this is such great news and are you now sure this is what you want to do! The answer was sweet Music to my Ears, yes Love that is what i think is now best so we can start spending more time together and do things that we have always wanted to.

So at the end of July of this Year it will at last come to an end, and we can then look to the future being Totally together , thank the Lord!

I now look forward to the time passing fast so that this will now all come to fruition . Yea!!!!!!!

What lies ahead is now anyone's guess!

I am one Happy Chappy!!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh what a great Surprise i got!

The only time my wife had a paying job was the first 5 years of her leaving school at 15. But cant profess to being together all the time as was away and left her to bring up the kids. So youve waited a long time for it Vernon , hope you both enjoy it , all the best... JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is good news Vernon, make sure you enjoy every minute of it, and be sure to spoil her !!! best regards to both of you, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just make sure you don't get under her feet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

vernon it is time to retire when you think i have had enough....just one tip from an old hand ....keep some seperate time from each other ......it is easy to fall into seeing to much of each other ......this can cause litttle niggles to grow ....i have now been retired some22 years .....beloved has her ladies golf twice per week and a lunch .....which gives each of us time to ourselves .....i go for shopping at least once or twice a week.....which lets me buy good red meat .....not fish or chicken the supposed good things to eat ......i cook dinner at least two nights per weekor when i feel like it.....i cook for any grandkids who want it on wednesdays nights ....just part of my weekly routine .....this is of course my view others may not agree ...but after the birth of our ist child .....beloved looked after our children and stayed at home doing some charity work from time to time which was our choice ..it was not easy financially at ist .......i wished for a mother at home when they came and went to school and a warm house with dinner ready for them ....it has appeared to work for us ....i wish you both all you would wish yourselves......take her away for a few days vernon to celebrate your new found partnership .....these are just my thoughts but we send you our best wishes have fun ...cappy R 638532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc, good news make sure you both enjoy your wife's retirement.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck Vernon.
    Best wishes.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know where you are coming from Vernon.
    My wife was a nurse. It took years of me talking her to retire.
    Enjoy mate.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh! Doc music to the ears, a wonderful expression of an amazing relationship. May the Lord bless you both with your plan. Regards Roger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Lads! Appreciated all comments! cappy yes i do believe in what you say, and there would be no worries there mate, as although we will be together a lot more we will still be doing our normal things as when she is at Home on Week Ends. I too go out about twice a week Shopping, Play my Golf, Her Indoors loves her Garden time, and other things, like long Walks with the Dog and alone . So our time will be spent wisely! Besides all that of course we will be planning to see a bit more of this Great Land that we have made our home, but not really seen too much of it. Possibly a nice few shorter trips on the cards later in the Car, with a hire Caravan so we can stay a day here and a day there, that woud be grand! Cheers

But will see what happens later, just roll on July!!!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast