Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh what a great Surprise i got!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh what a great Surprise i got!

Hi Vernon
    I have been retired for around 30 years, my wife a bit longer and we are as happy in each others company as we always have been.
    I enjoy the programs she puts on TV, like the meals she cooks, and if she wants to change the shops we use I agree. I'm one of the most contented men I know. 64 years and I can't remember to many arguments that were not solved in a day.
    Good luck with your new life and hope you enjoy your outings together.
    Cheers Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 12th February 2022 at 12:43 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des I have to admit I have doubts whether I would still be married today to the same lady if I had worked ashore. In my younger days I had red hair and the temperament to go with it. As one gets older one gets more sense or are supposed to, I got more able to see others point of view as got older, didn’t mean I agreed with them ,but learned to keep it to myself., we are two different people with really nothing in common, she is anti drinking especially by me, and I am anti sewing and knitting like she used to do. Anyone that says the sexes are equal in all ways is talking rubbish , the body and muscle weight is different for starters, a female brain can work faster than a males , all this knowledge however I keep to myself . Any couple who say they have never had cross words in their life , must have bad memory’s , old Confucius who said rape was impossible as a woman can run faster with skirt Up than a man with pants down , I totally agree with , especially now when I can’t run at all. My attitude is if we were both the same life would be one helluva bore. Cheers JS .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th February 2022 at 01:36 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, wonderful news no more getting up at some ungodly hour, no more trips to the train, how are you going to fill your time now??

Mate congratulations and please tell Rene we wish her all the very best in her retirement.

Yes, some time on your own is good, we do that I spend three mornings a week out of the house and it works well.

Make the most of your time, enjoy every minute and do what you want to do, not what some poli or others says is best.
    Be your own selves and all will be good.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 And the worst thing that can happen she might decide to stop his pocket money. JS

I thought I would be crafty , as we have always had the one account that we both draw off. My excuse was that I had to go to the Bank machine to see if the pension was in, and to do this I drew money out at the same time. This now is hard to do as the machines are being taken out. The same as a cheque book ,which is now harder to get actual cash in hand for the occasional pint. Doesnt seem right to me to buy a paper or a pint with a credit card ... JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th February 2022 at 05:26 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They say that the first two years of retirement are the most expensive as one rushes into doing everything that they wanted before retirement. I see that you are thinking of renting a van to tour around our isle mate. I personally found that staying in hotels or motels might be a bit more expensive but summing it all up I do not think so. The benefits are huge as no towing or rego and having to have a car suitable for towing plus it is only a matter of registering into a place. Opening the boot and taking out all the clothes needed already on coat hangers and one is settled in with everything provided. I hope that your sheriff feels the same as I did the next morning after retirement. It was like I had just woken from a bad dream and it was all over with. Yes along with all the others mate enjoy each other and probably will not see as much of you on site but we sure as hell have had plenty of help from you mate over the years and I do mean YEARS so slow down with this motely crew and listen to the sheriff lol
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a bit in the news the other day which said that to have comfortable retirement you need about $66,000 per year.
    This will give you one local holiday and one international one every 7 years???

Well something wrong there.

WE have an income around that level and get, when things are normal two cruises a year.
    I often wonder how these financial guys work it all out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2