Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Energy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Green Energy

This is basically a response to #27 Posted on the link Don't spit your dummy out.
    It was announced today that the south pole has recorded the coldest temperature ever recorded there since records began so much for global warming as the ice shelf is the biggest ever seen.

The other day Twiggy Forrest a mining magnate here spoke of how he was going to use Green Hydrogen to make steel and the benefits of that.
    How share holders would benefit from larger dividends.
    Nothing about saving the planet.

Such I suggest is the case with many, those who will benefit from all of this, not the average person.

So much for green renewable energy, I see UK gas prices have risen by some 240% this year, how much next?

For John who Gas prices have gone up Globally not just the UK. A problem the UK does have is the lack of Gas storage facilities and LNG discharge ports. I mentioned before the LNG Gas carrier is basically a part of the storage facility, Japan have a constant supply chain at sea, as one ship leaves the berth another is arriving or has a planned arrival slot. The UK had it's own LNG gas projects , the likes of Morecombe Bay but I believe it is starting to wind down now as it is becoming less productive ?? I am sure those in the know can confirm that or correct my statement if that is not the case.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 19th October 2021 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Green Energy

Not on the Gas Lewis but here the Bleedin Petrol Prices are going through the Roof again.
    Filled up on Sunday at my Local Shell , cost me some $2.02c per Litre. That here in Aussie is high! Especially when you look back just a few Weeks ago when it was at only$1.45 Litre!
    Things aint looking a Bed of Roses no longer!
    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    This is basically a response to #27 Posted on the link Don't spit your dummy out.

I am sure those in the know can confirm that or correct my statement if that is not the case.
    It is all declining Lewis and has been for some time. In 2007 we won a contract with Exxon to supply materials for the refurbishment of eight large columns at St. Fergus gas plant. One per year to be done, by 2010 we were told that half the plant would be shut down due to lack of gas volumes so we ended up only doing 4 columns. Most of the oil majors have been bailing out of N. Sea for years now, some like Shell shut down Brents, Exxon sold the Beryls to Apache (who have revitalised the wells and been making money out of them). BP has invested in new kit west of Shetland (£6 billion) in around 2016 (project under way from about 2010/11).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 19th October 2021 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just wonder when the Fracking lobby kick off again ?

Doc we have not had a shortage of petrol here in the UK we have a shortage of HGV drivers to deliver fuel to petrol stations and that is supposed to have caused the price spike.
    Truth be told it was because those who live in the SE of England caused the price hike by panic buying, the petrol retailers loved it . At one station the price for 1 litre went from £1.40 to £2.68 a litre.
    Funny when during Pandemic and lock down Petrol went as low as£1.00 a litre. People behaving irresponsibly have caused this surge.
    Up until last week I was still paying £1.32 at my local GO petrol outlet now £1.39. There was a Spar outlet that went from £1.34 to £1.47 in just over a week. On local media it was flag and people urged folk only to use it if really necessary. I passed it yesterday it has come down to £1.36 um!!!! I wonder why.

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes , saw today on the IOW, £1.47 a litre, bit cheaper in the supermarket, thankfully, for me i have aa car that does close on 50 mpg, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, we have no problem with gas supply here in Oz, my last gas bill was less than for the same teem last year, prices are down.
    We export a lot of LPG to the mid east and Japan.

Petrol prices area case of gouging by the retailers here in Oz.

Shell and Caltex went from $1.55 to $1.83 a liter.

BP ad the independents from $1.55 to $1.69.

Shell and Caltex have a large number of corporate customers all supplied with a card to use when buying fuel.

But no worries for me, I have a big 40 gallon drum and when it is at the lowest I fill it.
    Keeps me going until the price drops again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4 Lewis, from your post I take it you are anti-fracking?
    The UK is awash with gas and should be developed, if we had developed it, we wouldn't be held to ransom as we are at the moment by Putin.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not anti Fracking Vic, but I would imagine like you and others , not in my back yard!!!!!!
    Will add that there have been earth tremors in and around Lancashire, and other areas. Will the Fracking companies cover the costs to property damage. Would you not have concerns about water table and drinking water pollution?
    Anyway we are going Green and Shale gas is a fossil fuel.

As said yesterday by the PM "Green is Good, Green is Right , Green Works. No more worries as we not have Team Gates & Johnson on the case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, there was two incidents of earthquakes reportedly linked o the fracking site near Blackpool, I don't know how many other sites were operational at the time.
    The limits set to earthquakes and fracking were a lot tighter than in other countries.
    The contaminated drinking water was proved on numerous occasions was proved to be false.
    Vic

12. Thanks Victoria Moss thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well you obviously read different information or disinformation websites than me.
    As I also mentioned the PM said we are going green , do you not agree with that.
    But how would you feel about setting up A fracking instillation site in your area say bordering your property???

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast