Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: two jabs ..not two jags

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default two jabs ..not two jags

on monday this week i was given a ante corona jab and a flu jab at the same time ....i have had many jabs over the years but never any reaction apart from perhaps a slighty irritated arm ....but have felt excactly as the nurse said slightly fluey ..and a bit dizzy for two days .slept for14 hours .....but am now back on form and all symptoms gone.....so job done and hopefully more protection if needed....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: two jabs ..not two jags

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    on monday this week i was given a ante corona jab and a flu jab at the same time ....i have had many jabs over the years but never any reaction apart from perhaps a slighty irritated arm ....but have felt excactly as the nurse said slightly fluey ..and a bit dizzy for two days .slept for14 hours .....but am now back on form and all symptoms gone.....so job done and hopefully more protection if needed....cappy
    Sh! Cappy-your message will be safe with us lot here,but don't spread it around on the web generally. Otherwise you will be fuelling the anti-vaccination conspiracists that the Gov. are trying to kill us oldies off--cheaper for the Gov-no NHS treatment,pensions or care home fees to pay out! Actually in all my years I have never yet had any reaction to any jab before-when a lot of folks I know suffered a reaction.It sometimes made me wonder was it just a syringe full of water,or perhaps Ms Nursey missed and injected my rolled-up sleeve instead ! .........Sniffling.jpg
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 8th October 2021 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had the Flu jab two weeks ago, still waiting for the covid booster jab, cheers.

4. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Certainly caused reactions when I administered injections into the RHUQ of the right buttock. Better known as the safe quadrant of a cyclone in the Southern Hemisphere . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th October 2021 at 11:29 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Re: two jabs ..not two jags

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Certainly caused reactions when I administered injections into the RHUQ of the right buttock. Better known as the safe quadrant of a cyclone in the Southern Hemisphere . JS
    No quadrant of a reluctant unsuspecting buttock was safe when I injected it.... despite practising during the course on a big giant juicy Jaffa,but then what d'ya expect-I was a 2nd Mate ,despite being expected to act like a doctor as well,according to the Ship Captain's Medical Guide. I mean,would you expect a Doctor to plan a passage on a deep draught bulker from Lands End to Japan via the Cape and the Sunda Strait?.No, well then....

I didn't half see some awful things..... pustules,pimples and scabby doo-dahs..these days I could probably claim for PTSD-and that was just looking at the wonderfully vivid aid-to-recognition photos in that Medical Guide.
    I washed my hands afterwards,and usually that was merely just turning the ,(it has to be said, much well-thumbed,pages) of the afore mentioned.SCMG ; the STD's Symptom Checker pages..Come on,how many of us ,it doesn't have to be that particular guide,gazed-maybe still do( !) with morbid fascination at what you can only hope will happen to someone else and not you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few Months ago now me and the dear Wife also had the same cappy(Flu and Covid), and i had similar reaction to you, the Wife however had a bit worse with very sore Arm, could not lift it and felt under the Weather for the Entire day, but two days after she was AOK!
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5. Bet you were one of the ones who walked out to go for a comfort relief when they showed the film on child birth Graham or was your excuse you had left your coins outside the ones used for measuring apertures. ? Never seen so many men trying to escape a room at the same time. Me in the lead or near enough. What always amazed me as regards injections was the way you were expected to give them in clean hospital conditions and not on a deck with a patient lying with open wounds, and trying with shaking hands to get the contents of a small phial into a syringe. Even during the war soldiers in some cases carried disposable morphine shots in their ammunition pouches for self doing.So much for the senseabilitys of people ashore who make regulations which seldom work.JS

PS when it got to the half a crown or penny stage that would have been the time to keep your eye on a Cappy if he was there , best to use a penny as the half a crown would probably disappear in his pocket as payment for supposedly past debts. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 9th October 2021 at 12:49 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The 3rd Jabs will only be given at resent to those who are in need of it as i read! Those with Chronic Conditions and with Immune deficiencies ??
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My brother in law ben told they will get the booster soon in London, both close to 80.
    It will b g iven here to those who are in bad way,

Been a big push her for Pfizer, announced today how many billions they have made from sale of it, but it was announced earlier in the week that the efficiency drops to about 40% after six months. So a booster will be required.
    AZ is good for 12 months falling to some 85%.

Both though will stop you from dying with it but you may still be a bit crook.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Doc Vernon, John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

waiting for third jab our nurse will be round to our house soon? jp

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast