Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: TV Licences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TV Licences.

Not that one JS although i do remember that as well.

This one was quite complicated and you used your Knife with Blade Point in various places on your body, and then Flicked it onto a Piece of Cacti , which was filled (Besides all the natural Thorns) with pieces of match sticks pushed down , and every time you missed the Cacti or your Knife never stuck in correctly ( Like falling over ) you had to go down on the Cacti with your Mouth and pick out one of the Match Sticks! Boy! did it sting! Was quite an Art after one got the hang of things though, Started with the Flick from the Palm, then progressed up the Arm, to the Neck, then the Chest and Legs , Feet and then the hardest of all from the Back parts of the Body! Some of them were virtually impossible , but we tried! Great Fun. Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th August 2021 at 01:47 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wasn’t that adventuresome , I was more of the looking for answers type , like getting a stick and rubbing the end of it through a piece of dogs dirt, going up to someone else preferably smaller and knowing he couldn’t run as fast as you , and saying here you are here’s a stick for you, 9 times out of 10 he would take it dogs dirt as well. Then came the looking for answers part , seeing the look of horror on his face , and the decision making to run or not to run. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#49 Stan didn’t the RCMP have their own branch of the Customs service or was that just a fallacy among seafarers . On my early days running into Montreal there used to be a large Customs pinnance used to come alongside sometimes and put a group of searchers on board . The old hands used to say they will not leave the vessel until they find someone breaking the law , however small the fine is, and that the saying a Mountie will always get his man . Every time I saw that pinnance draw alongside that saying was correct. So always thought without to much thinking going into it , that they were part of the RCMP. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th August 2021 at 04:23 AM.
    R575129

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, nothing as exciting as the knife.
    WE did water bags thrown at unsuspecting other student.
    One lad being a bit more adventurous decided to drop them from a window on the second floor.
    Great stuff got a lot of the lads, but one day , all good until the day he got one on the headmasters head.

Six of the best in front of the school.

Always knew he did not have a sence of humor.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#55, Hi John, The RCMP being a federal force look after all federal statutes and would have jurisdiction of these statutes. I Know if customs and immigration have someone with drugs or outstanding warrants against them, they call the RCMP to take it further. So it's feasible that they would have their own customs and canada shipping act branch. When I was running our detachments marine patrol we would sometimes run into them patrolling our lakes and rivers. Also I have seen them on the St Lawrence river on larger patrol boats, enforcing the shipping act, booze, immigration etc..
    stan..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Customs at the airport, Heathrow to be exact.
    Got pulled over for a search, only had cabin bag but he went through that like there was no tomorrow.

Took the toothpaste tube, almost empty but was in the begining 100 grams, similar with after shave and a couple of other toileteries.
    But we did better than the Paki on the next row, he got the cuffs and marched off.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6