Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just Had Some Very Disturbing News

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just Had Some Very Disturbing News

In this area of Merseyside where we live Sefton, 3 schools have been closed all within a few miles of each other a number of children aged between 8 and 10 years have proved positive for the Delta version of Covid, I pray to the lord this is not the case but came from a very trusted source Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just Had Some Very Disturbing News

Terry Lets hope that if it is so, they can curb it immediately and that the Children infected will be safe , it is a terrible thing to know! Finges Toes and everything else crossed!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing I can't understand Terry is that according to our news over a hundred thousand Indians are flying into the UK every year, is the UK govt mad or what? It is bad enough here that we are allowing 500 returning Aussies!!! from India to come here, every week.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if they have underlying health problems not yet found out.
    According to my niece who is a senior radiographer in London it is mainly those with lung or chest problems it strikes.
    here in Oz we have been told that young kids under the age of 14 do not get it as their immune system is that much stronger.
    Hope they get over it quickly.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    One thing I can't understand Terry is that according to our news over a hundred thousand Indians are flying into the UK every year, is the UK govt mad or what? It is bad enough here that we are allowing 500 returning Aussies!!! from India to come here, every week.
    Des
    Couldn't agree more Des, But without getting political none of this governments cockups have ever faced scrutiny from day one that's one of many reasons for over 127,000 Deaths And still raising, If youngsters start dying of this i think this government has big very big problems ahead. Regards Des Terry
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A high school about 10 miles from us was closed last Friday as a lot of cases were found there. It starting to spread quickly around here, Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside and Durham all reporting big increases in case numbers.
    Regards Michael

7. Thanks N/A, j.sabourn, Graham Shaw, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Michael , have a grandson at Newcastle University , rest of family in Yorkshire. But many friends in Whitley Bay. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the restrictions were eased and the pubs/bars opened, many people ignored the covid restrictions, we all saw the crowds
    outside their locals acting like a dog let off its lead, no social distancing, no mask and no self discipline, at the end of the evening
    they all went their merry way to their abodes where they mixed with their families, ever since then the daily rate of covid cases has risen,
    I think we are now seeing the results of that, the lack of self discipline, people can at times be their own worst enemies, Just my take on it, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Amongst this ball of confusion, I dont no of any area in the U.K. That has a fully functional track and trace in place, Me and the wife managed to book a table in a little hotel pub come eating area that catered for the kids a few weeks ago in Southport a very affluent area of Sefton and Merseyside, We where delighted as we arranged to meet my Daughter in law with the 3 kids. There is a massive open log park and everyone kept there distance the weather was glorious. As we entered the hotel bar we where stopped and asked for proof we adults had been double jab, Which me the wife and daughter in law had, We where allotted a table they were utilizing every third table so to Speke, lots of family's and young kids all sat social distancing and i ordered food and a drink for all on my mobile phone and paid for it at the same time went know where near the bar, As we sat and awaited there was a security scuffle at the entrance to the bar, A couple with 2 kids where reused entry the young father took exception to the fact we and a few other couples were sat awaiting food. He had no proof he had been vaccinated and was refused entry. This government have spoke of covid vaccination passports then decided against it then decided to go ahead with it then decided to launch the app you could produce to gain entry into bars. People ae so confused with lack of clarity on what you can and cant do it beggars belief, And now all the reports of young kids being tested positive the country over if one child is tested with covid then the rest of the class or school have been closed. And we still nearly two years down the line dont have an effective track and trace in place that everyone can both understand and get access to. Everything will be fine { WONT IT } Lets hope so. Demonic Cummings s a British political strategist who served as chief adviser to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Now sacked and not exactly flavour of the month has started back stabbing and revealing lies lies lies by the whole government cabinet responsible for the handling of this pandemic, Google him and read what he says is the truth, Certainly open your eyes as none of the mentioned Ministers have put there case forward to clear the confusion up. Lets just hope the youngsters are fit enough to get over this illness Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 22nd June 2021 at 10:34 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    WHO 'concerned' at easing of restrictions after Wembley Euro 2020 capacity increased to 60,000 this was posted on Sky about 5 hours ago.

Why did the government delay putting India on the Red List!!!! you would think after delaying last year into going into lock down they would have learned.
    Lew, There are always lessons to be learnt by everyone, Governments seem to be exempt Terry.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd June 2021 at 01:34 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast