Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: marion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default marion

Pleased to see marion now has a fair wind and following sea to post her thoughts and views again ....ever interesting .....a fiesty but fair minded member of our illustrious crew....cant keep a goodn down welcome back marion ........cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: marion

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Pleased to see marion now has a fair wind and following sea to post her thoughts and views again ....ever interesting .....a fiesty but fair minded member of our illustrious crew....cant keep a goodn down welcome back marion ........cappy
    Lets hope that we will have fair winds thats all i ask ! And just wondering cappy as not only you but quite a few others have always mentioned her as Marion!! Its Marian as far as i can see! LOL No matter i guess as i see that Marian has not make comment about that ever!?? Mmmm!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

3. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Lets hope that we will have fair winds thats all i ask ! And just wondering cappy as not only you but quite a few others have always mentioned her as Marion!! Its Marian as far as i can see! LOL No matter i guess as i see that Marian has not make comment about that ever!?? Mmmm!
    Cheers
    never noticed doc ...guess i could have written it iether way without realising.....cappy

5. Likes N/A, Dennis McGuckin, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My real name in another life was Johnny Weissmuller but I don’t like mentioning it as dont want people to stare. Anyhow Cheetah let me down as absconded with Jane . JS....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st June 2021 at 08:06 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy someone told me that when you were the cox of that Viking longboat that you used for raiding the fish and chips shop on the North Shields fish quay , you had the same trouble with your spelling and spelt Cox the same way as your socks . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi JS
    I knew I had seen you before,
    in 1947 Johnny Weissmuller gave a swimming exhibition at Derby Baths in Blackpool . My Dad took us to see him

Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 21st June 2021 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you know john you are right .....my spellling was never good ......i always got my ******** mixed up with my rowlocks as doing my lifeboat ticket in dec on the tyne early morn ....it was blowing a buster ....we rowed out into the river hissing down no oilskins ....cold wet and hungry .....i said ballocks ....the examiner said whad did you say ...i said rowlocks ...he said lets row back if we knock at the back dooor of the Steamboat he will let us in .....happy days ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Funny that Brian they have a Baths in South Shields also called Derby Street baths , but named after the street. Not after a horse race. But could be wrong on that as Cappy used to take the milk mans dray horse down there after finishing his round for a rub down and a quick plunge in the deep end. They may have thought it was a race horse. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Funny that Brian they have a Baths in South Shields also called Derby Street baths , but named after the street. Not after a horse race. But could be wrong on that as Cappy used to take the milk mans dray horse down there after finishing his round for a rub down and a quick plunge in the deep end. They may have thought it was a race horse. Cheers JS
    john you have one good memory ...the horse was called boxer .....it was trained to gallop after the last bottle was delivered.....what a giddy up ......it was also trained to sit still outside a certain address ......from which the milkman always came out with a red face and puffing and blowing.....methinks he was dickie by name and dickie by nature.......i asked him one day if i could have a go ....he got really stroppy about it oh happy.days

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    John, the Derby St. baths are long gone. I learnt to swim there and go off the top board in one session. It was that or be hurled off by the PT instructor (ex marine commando) who was a sadist I am sure. I can still smell the footbath which was almost neat Jeyes fluid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast