Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the irish problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the irish problem

Ivan, #20 One thing that I never understood about that fiasco is that Trinity Square Gardens Tower Hill, that house the memorial are within the limits of the City of London. The city has it's own rules and laws on everything that happens within the city limits and has never been lax in enforcing them . How the Mayor of a politically and financially corrupt borough like Tower Hamlets was ever allowed a say on whether a hospitality company can turn a war memorial into a party venue I will never understand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john walker View Post
    Ivan, #20 One thing that I never understood about that fiasco is that Trinity Square Gardens Tower Hill, that house the memorial are within the limits of the City of London. The city has it's own rules and laws on everything that happens within the city limits and has never been lax in enforcing them . How the Mayor of a politically and financially corrupt borough like Tower Hamlets was ever allowed a say on whether a hospitality company can turn a war memorial into a party venue I will never understand.
    John just to put the record straight, it was Trinity House Corporation who requested permission from Tower Hamlets Council to hold the function in Trinity House Gardens. I have a file full of correspondence, a lot of which was copied to this site, but they were among the approx 8000 posts that mysteriously disappeared into the ether. The Mayor of Tower Hamlets to his credit when he learnt all the facts and the anger of MN personnel, including reminding him that voters of all nationalities in his Hamlets served in the MN quickly reviewed and refused permission for the event to go ahead. Parts of the The City of London falls under the jurisdiction of the Mayor of Tower Hamlets and not vice versa, or it did when our battle was going on.

3. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wont get into a discussion on this Ivan, but i feel the Figures stated here are not quite feasible!?? 8000 Posts ????? Almost unbelievable !!!

I have a file full of correspondence, a lot of which was copied to this site, but they were among the approx 8000 posts that mysteriously disappeared into the ether.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Bill Cameron, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw in our news last night the 'fireworks' in Belfast, brought back memories of the 'Troubles' back in the 60's.
    Why this is till going on I do not know, it would appear that for a number of years now peace has reigned.
    Though no doubt deep down anger still exists and there are some who wish to revisit those times.

It has been for many years, since 1926, a problem for both the Republic and Westminster, how to solve is any ones guess.

The situation has been made worse by the leaving of EU by the UK, where to from here??

But violence will not resolve what ever problems there may be.
    No doubt the burns unit of the Belfast general was busy that night.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

On the phone last night, any problems are London based.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Wont get into a discussion on this Ivan, but i feel the Figures stated here are not quite feasible!?? 8000 Posts ????? Almost unbelievable !!!

I have a file full of correspondence, a lot of which was copied to this site, but they were among the approx 8000 posts that mysteriously disappeared into the ether.
    Well Doc, If you go back a bit, you will recall that 'you' re-instated the 8000 posts (well the number anyway) when myself and a number of others found that their numbers of posts had dramatically reduced. Might be in my 8o's but nothing wrong with my memory.

Lewis McColl Guest

#24 John , The problem is you have a police force with a Chief Constable has done bugger all. You have a First Minister is looking at being deposed in the next assembly elections and you have the leader of Sein Fein who think they are above the law.(Breaking Covid restrictions over the Bobby Storey funeral). Both SF leaders took part in the funeral exhibition dressed like a couple bags of spuds. The police took no action and last week you had the PPS refusing to charge anyone with wrong doing.
    But do not confuse the recent spot of bother with past troubles, really it is just a bunch of scallies being egged on by others to cause trouble.
    You have the UDA/UVF who are nothing more than organised crime gangs running drugs and people trafficking. The leader of the DUP sat down a few weeks ago with a board of directors of the UDA/UVF, I kid you not , but they hide under the guise of the Loyalist Communities Council. They discussed the cockup Boris made over the Irish sea border while he was being dictated to by the European Commission over Brexit. I think a decision was made by Arlene & the board of directors (Loyalist Communities Council)to start stirring the -hit. They hope Boris will take notice that this Irish sea border is interfering with trade and supplies to and from N Ireland. The UDA/UVF are annoyed that the Irish sea border is having an effect on drug imports and is also having a serious effect on new imports for the sex trade. Sein Fein are delighted to see the spot of bother and they will be able to use some of the video footage as seen on TV. They will use part of the footage for training purposes, as in, how not to throw a petrol bomb.
    At the moment as said it is just a bunch of bad wee barstewards with nothing better to do than stir the pot with our powerless police force.
    Everywhere you look though there is social unrest, UK & EU countries are no better, not lobbing petrol bombs as yet but protesting about anything they can think of.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 6th April 2021 at 09:04 AM.

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alas Lewis, it will not be long before the professional protesters (regardless of subject they're not bothered) will be joining the scallywags both in your island and ours to increase fermentation. As for the Irish Sea border, I think the EU has a lot to answer for, in making illogical demands on all aspects of trade and barriers. How did waters around the UK become dirty waters on the 1st January 2021 when for the previous 40+ years they had been clean waters. I know I wasn't standing on the end of the pier pouring buckets of sh*te into the English Channel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi ivan cloherty #28
    good morning your correct in your use of the phrase professional protestors, or in other words agitators are paid for by the likes of george soros through his many affiliations or bogus set ups to feed and pay the bill for the marxist uprising that they dream of.
    tom

Lewis McColl Guest

#29 Back that up with proof and not something you have read in the Daily Mail. Seeing as the link is The Irish Problem , there are no Reds under the bed here.

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast