Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: poor white children

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: poor white children

I know one young fellow Keith a member of a club I’m in , asked him what he was studying for, politics he said , and one of the well known parties already had him earmarked for a job on obtaining his degree. I must admit I don’t know what a degree in politics consists of. But don’t think I could vote for someone to represent me, and his only claim to fame was a piece of paper. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately John, in the UK, don't know about Oz, but most of our top politicians do exactly that, Boris, Cameron, many others, all went to Cambridge, all knew one another, all from wealthy families, after finishing at Uni, then went into parliament in some junior jobs at first, but knowing Mummy and Daddy connection, would be destined for power at some point. Most of them have never done a proper job, but thats the old school tie at work, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would still be nice to know what this degree in politics what subjects it covered. A politician is supposed to be there to represent their constituents job and finish. A piece of paper certainly doesn’t do that . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, take your point there John, maybe it is teaching the art of talking a lot, and saying nothing lol, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I always associate such people with the wartime barrage balloons, full of hot air . Cheers JS
    It would be nice to think that politicians were the same as most of the nursing profession used to be and still are I hope , there because they wanted to do that vocation in life, and not there for the rewards of monatary gain . Those going into politics today are there for very obscure reasons , and don’t think s lot of those reasons are honourable , that is only a word they like to think they are entitled to . JS..
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th April 2021 at 12:27 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As to racism just what is it?

There are three ways it manifests itself, bigotry as a result during younger years of being told who or what is good or bad.
    It remains in many minds for their life time.

Ignorance, brought about by those who do not wish to learn, to find out more about those or that which they say is not to their liking.

Intolerance, from those who because the other person is from another country, does not speak the local dialect, dresses in a different manner, has a very different religion, eats different food or is a different color, has a very different culture.

All of these traits come to light every day, not just from one section of society no matter the color, but from all at some time.
    Many will use them to win an argument, to make better their position, to to claim monies in many instances claiming they have been discriminated against.

Use their difference in all walks of life in an effort to maybe gain support from the gov, other extreme cults, or even to get out of work or a fine maybe.

They will always be with us in a minority, but in truth we have all at some time been guilty of one or all of the above, we called them spades and laughed, told them to go back home, difficult for those born in the land.

The there are those who use them as a weapon to push their barrow, it may not be their case but form a good platform from which to be heard.
    Here in Oz in most marches there are students paid about $20 to march, not a lot but to a student on only gov grants it is an extra.

Yes I recall the days in London when the signs were up, No Irish or blacks welcome here, and that went on up to about 1970.

How do we change it, very slowly as those of the minority who follow such ideals will not be changed overnight.
    We must all as good citizens of this planet do all we can to ensure a civil and equal as possible society survives.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

look at any advertisement on tv for every white person there has to be a black person like couples have we become that scared of being classed as racist police raided a church last week and emptied the place of a few worshipers the police stay away from Friday prayer though i am a great believer in live and let live but we the whites are in the corner i remember one governor in the south of USA offering repatriation to any that wanted to return to Africa i dont think he had one single taker all on both sides are thin skinned i often wonder if anyone posted the murder rates of black on black murders what would the BLM crew do ALL LIVES MATTER??JP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#38 Yes we've had a few churches raided here, but don't recall any mos ques being reported raided. Sometimes when I switch the TV on it's as if I've been magically transported to another country, not that I wanted to be transported, been there, done that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i was in hospital last year and a fella in the ward was giving some of the Indian nurses a hard time i could not help but had a quiet word with him one night them young girls did everything they could to give you comfort in times when you need it most and i must say the fella was not exactly what we would call white himself but that is people it did his manners the world of good though? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john pruden #38
    good morning the murder rate in the capital city london is out of all proportion, when you consider the black population is only thirteen percent, the black on black murder rate is fifty percent of the total murders.
    tom

11. Thanks cappy, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast