Think more discovered than invaded ?

MK.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Racism in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    #18 God forbid Victoria that you should mention reverse racism over here, you'll find yourself arrested or under caution. It's like 'Reverse Lend Lease' during the war you never hear of it, it's brushed under the carpet, you can bet your average American (or UK citizen for that matter) has never heard of it
    Sadly Ivan it is true, goes on at all levels but is never talked about or acknowleged
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the biggest problems here Duke is the Law, Aboriginal,s are around 19% of the population but have about 30% of the people in Jail, and the young blokes are the worst treated, if a young white teenager gets picked up without a license he would in all probability get a caution and a small fine, if he is an aboriginal he will get6 a month in jail, these people are still living in an age that we can't comprehend and can will themselves to death, 900 hundred have died in jail there is always talk of an inquiry but mainly nothing happens. As Less said the aboriginal elders have a lot to answer for as well.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of what I’m reading on this thread kind of flies in the face of John in Oz’s earlier response. I don’t get the impression that they are treated as equals. Also, is the use of the word Abbo acceptable? Just asking given the PC world we live in. I’m not casting any judgement here, just interested in how racism, if any, is handled down under.
    Duke Drennan R809731

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Duke
    I am afraid i will refrain from posting my views, as i know that it could cause all kinds of reprisals! But coming from a Country that you well know had and still has a lot of disagreement amongst the People ( South Africa) to me there is a very high similarity here to what has gone by there!

But like all Countries and just my opinion is that the different Cultures and Races will and can never Mix to a 100% level, there will always be Conflicts amongst People , its an age old thing!

So to end its your own Judgement as to what happens in Aussie regarding your Question.
    Cheers

I say NO MORE!!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can’t legislate for people to make Love Thy Neighbour a positive law. The more you insist on this the more anti feelings are going to be aroused. The mutual feelings they are looking for have to come from willing people wanting to see changes take place , and not being forced into feelings they don’t have. It is not a natural feeling to many and indeed to whole nations of people ,it is not only colour which is the main excuse given , but goes into centuries of different beliefs and ways of living. Every country and people have their own past history and probably a majority who see no need to change it, for the sake of the lesser amount who only see their own arguments. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Duke, there will always be those who differ on the views of any form of racism.

Had a brother in law who was with the tax department, sent up to the Northern Territory to see some housing being built for a local Abbos group.
    Good houses but with wooden floors.
    Those wooden floors made good fire wood for those who were allowed to live in them.

But most of the problems are kept to a small group often egged on by others who use them as weapons in their fight for what ever.
    But many of the protests are in a similar manner.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Duke Drennan, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well said John.

Interesting thing about Aussies which has been killed in this politically correct world. My family moved to Australia from India when I was 9. I am from a long lost breed...Anglo Indian. Ancestory is Danish, Dutch, English, Welsh and a "touch of the tar brush"....Anyway went to sea as an Eng Cadet with Australian National Line. Did my time and then went with Bank Line...best experience in my life!!

On my last ship with ANL as cadet my nickname was "Black bastard". No problem for me..though I was only brown, as Aussies will take the p _ s _ out of anything that isn't Australian, whether you be black, white, brindle or Pommie. Give it right back to them and you're a mate for life. So in our little way we are not racist. Bloody hell we do it to Taswegians. We are true "Catholics".....All embracing!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have over recent years been involved with two persons of Abbo origin.

One was a department manager at the local community health center where I volunteer.
    She was about 5% Abbo, but along with her work ran the local Abbo community group.
    She told me there were about 180 or so in the town of some 36,000.
    Most as she told me you would never know as they were white, but even if only 1% was Abbo blood they can claim to be one.
    Many own shops and other business in the town and are doing well.

The second is a GP in the medical center we use.
    Have seen him a couple of times when our regular GP has been unavailable.
    Has a slight tan but is a very quiet guy.
    But he told me he gets very annoyed when he sees the marches and riots in involving his people.

'My people are a passive nation, we do not fight outside of our own and these others who hang along give the true people a very bad name.'

In USA once you are down to 1/16 part Indian you are considered to be at the lowest, there is no 1/32.
    But here in Oz it can be as low as 1%, but you may also be adopted by a local group as one of them even though you have no Abbo blood.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast