Thread: Scam ? e-mail today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Scam ? e-mail today.

Got this in my in-box today.
    Claims to be in Afghanistan, but i think he is probably closer to Nigeria or similar !!!

Hello my friend,
    My name is Captain white john Robert of the US Army currently serving in camp Shorabak in Helmand "Afghanistan".
    Please I urgently need you to help me safeguard the money I have here in my possession which is worth the sum of eleven million five hundred thousand US Dollars ($11.5 million dollars), I want you to know that this opportunity has crossed my way a countless number of times which I and some commander of mine always submitted whatever money we recovered during raids on terrorist camps to the US Defense Office, until Recently we found out that they've been keeping all the money [terrorist sponsor's funds] we recover from the raids carried on terrorist camps to themselves rather than submitting them to the treasury department.
    on this effect, I and my colleagues have decided to share whatever money we recover from any raid we carried out on Terrorist group here in Afghanistan and right now I have a sum of $11.5 million US dollars gathered so far.
    That was why I deemed it necessary to look out for a trusted person who would assist me in safeguarding the cash until my duty ends on july 2021. It was on this effect that I started search here online for an honest person whom I can trust and I came across your mail address and I want to know if you are willing to help me do this. I want you to know that you are not going to do this for me for free, I am offerring you 40%-Percent of the total amount of the $11.5 million USD, if you are willing to handle this deal for me until the end, i also want you to know that I will be moving the money through delivery company that operates here in Afghanistan.
    I await your kind response, if you are interested in my offer.

Thank you
    Captain white john Robert

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scam ? e-mail today.

Would have been more believable if he had called himself Robert E. Lee JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scam ? e-mail today.

I just got one from someone pretending to be my ISP.

Had the same one a few weeks ago, forward it onto the ISP to sort out, not my problem,
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller