Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Education

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Education

Seems, in a further blow to middle-income families, who already face losing out thanks to a freeze on income tax thresholds, analysis shows that 250,000 may lose their child benefit by 2025.

Though' an Animal welfare group backed by Carrie Symonds claims fish are 'suffering' and their 'mental wellbeing' should be protected.

A High Court judge today said the Department of Health and Social Care had 'acted unlawfully' by not publishing details of 504 of the 535 contracts awarded at the height of the Covid pandemic.

Wonder why the BMA, Royal College of Nursing, Royal College of Midwives and Unison say pay recommendation ‘fails the test of honesty’

?

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 6th March 2021 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi capt kong #39

your line ( that you didnt know you lived in poverty because everybody was the same ) resounds as only the truth can.
    we as kids lived in that manner, i myself had known a time when i wore football boots with the studs taken out, and later on was forced to wear my elder brothers white deck shoes because of having no proper footwear, But we never saw the poverty my elder siblings faced,( and they being of your age now,)
    as for a jam butty now that was luxury, or in some cases a sugar butty.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can recall my mother telling me when my father was away during BOA surviving stukkas and uboats, and requesting financial assistance from the UAB- aka the local house of plenty, was told by a visiting official after having a look around, to sell or pawn any unnecessary items of contents. I can't remember going hungry but I'm certain my mother sometimes did.
    Gilly
    R635733

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Many went through similar, I always asked why there were so photos of me
    compared to my brothers, that was when I had to pawn the camera was the
    reply.

The aim of earlier generations was a hope to make a better future for those
    that came after them. Few complained about how things were for them.

Recent generations seem not to care about what occurs after them.

How many mums sometimes managed to feed all with some, though little beef and had just a Yorkshire pudding themselves?

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 6th March 2021 at 12:49 PM.

5. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#45 John I can remember during the war receiving at least 2 parcels from the Far East .God knows how many months they took to get here but at least 2 arrived . They contained each time 2 soccer T balls real leather , needless to say they went straight to the 2nd hand shop .Maybe it was an early fete of money laundering, but I liked to think they were for me . Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

only once being proper hungry ...got off my ass and sorted it....same as no money got off my ass and got work job sorted .....cappy

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Cavalier ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Why do people seem to think that if a family on benefits have a big TV , smoke and run a car there is no poverty in the household? Try thinking this way to have those things on benefits they are creating poverty through ignorance. Perhaps that is why a lot of children are going hungry. It is not the child's fault that Mum & Dad are arseholes, thankfully a child may still get a decent free school meal 5 days a week and only go hungry at the weekend.

I am not implying that ALL families on benefits have the above mentioned luxuries. A lot of families may be working two jobs on a zero hours contract and still be below the poverty line and need income support and do a bloody good job feeding and bringing up the family.
    no such thing as a free school meal ...the rest of us pay for it .........the super markets are crying out for workers ....my grandaughter....is doing 60 hours a week ,,at 8 quid an hour .....if she was part of a family ...and her other half was doing the same....gross 960 quid ...and they cant feed there kids #####geld them oops forgot about the child allowance .....whats wrong with this country ....why is the channel full of rubber ducks....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    only once being proper hungry ...got off my ass and sorted it....same as no money got off my ass and got work job sorted .....cappy
    Quite a herd of asses you must have had Cappy.
    R635733

11. Likes N/A, cappy, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    Quite a herd of asses you must have had Cappy.

One thing for sure gilly the world is full of them....the problem is they dont like the donkey work ...but then nobody gave my generation free anything except the NHS ....benefits was what you put money away for the only gyro we heard of was on the bridge.....the complainers are king .....one bloke ses the MPs are getting a big increase ...well my answer is if you dont like it piss off and be an MP.....most complainers are on benefits any way i seem to find ......but there you are life is what you make it ....not like you think it should be........R683532

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast