Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Education

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Education

God has got a lot to answer for, or at least his self appointed messengers have, I have always considered priests and their ilk of any religion as pariahs on society, full of platitudes and living off others. I have never knowingly done anyone any deliberate harm, although I did once give a guy a reference when he kept pestering me which contained the words 'Mr 'X' has worked for this firm from aa to yy and during the whole of this time has worked entirely to his own satisfaction' I did tell him he would be better without one, but he was over the moon with it, what more can you ask for, than ex employee satisfaction.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Boris Johnson is said to be setting up a charity to pay for the redecoration of the flat he shares with his fiancée and their son, Wilfred.

Marcus Rashford.

23-year-old Manchester United forward’s impact “transformational”. The softly spoken footballing superstar helped raise enough money to enable the charity to provide more than 4.2 million meals for children and families who might not otherwise eat during the coronavirus crisis, and in the process drove the issue of food poverty to the top of the news agenda.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He still does not deserve an MBE, he only ggot tha to keep the BLM quiet
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th March 2021 at 03:59 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

An MBE is a British honour that is awarded to a person by the King or Queen for a particular achievement,
    so guess her majesty has the final say, awarded for an outstanding achievement or service to the community.

BLM has nothing to do with it, you have not mentioned Boris Johnson setting up a charity to pay for the redecoration of the flat he shares with his fiancée and their son, Wilfred. Guess that is OK?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know nothing about Boris never heard a thing

But I do know this Child poverty does not exist.

7. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

If there is no such thing as child poverty why has the government given £63million to local councils to provide free school meals for children living in poverty?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They have no idea what poverty is today, A Social Worker described to me what Poverty was for kids,
    He said, if the kid next door has a better smart phone, or a bigger TV SET and TV games in his bedroom than your kid , then your kid is in Poverty.

In the 1930s we had NOTHING, we lived in real poverty, but we didnt know we lived in poverty as everyone else was the same.From the age of three to six every week end was spent on the Tip with a bucket each , three of us. collecting clinker from the furrness from the mills. to burn again on a fire in an old cast iron grate.No bathroom, no toilet, just a midden at the bottom of the yard, the night soil came once a week to shovel it out. Three of us kids slept in one bed.covered with a WW1 Army overcoat.No TV, no toys, No electricity. just one gas mantle in the front kitchen other three rooms in the house we had candles. Our area was known as Candle Alley.
    Then Hitler decided we could not live like this , so he bombed us.October 1941 and in 1946 we got a Council house,with a bathroom electricity . But we had to split up the family for Five years living with relatives, we had nothing when the house was bombed, and that means NOTHING Juthe clothes you stood up in. no money , no possessions NOTHING#

I would say THAT IS POVERTY, A jam butty, [ no butter ] was a good meal.
    No Benefits, No Child Allowance, NOTHING.

But we were happy,, we didnt whinge and whine like they do today when they have EVERYTHING
    So all this crap about Child Poverty is a Load of Rubbish, anyone believing it needs their head examining

Brian, a survivor.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th March 2021 at 11:56 PM.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian has a valid pint there.
    What is now called poverty would just after WW 2 be known as luxury.
    We have the same here in Oz, but exactly what is poverty, it is not the same thing to a millionaire as a guy who lives on the streets.

Some years back when at the Uni there was a very severe famine in the Sudan.
    Most Western nations sent some form of basic aid.

Had a discussion with the Dean of the faculty of Humanities who told me this.

'The west could well afford to send more aid than they do, but if they do and the people become strong there is the possibility they may then become politically strong and pose a threat to the West, so the West keeps them poor'.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks j.sabourn, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is another older saying John , God helps those who help themselves. Unfortuanetley the only help themselves that most understand is off the back of your Ute. JS
    R575129

14. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Why do people seem to think that if a family on benefits have a big TV , smoke and run a car there is no poverty in the household? Try thinking this way to have those things on benefits they are creating poverty through ignorance. Perhaps that is why a lot of children are going hungry. It is not the child's fault that Mum & Dad are arseholes, thankfully a child may still get a decent free school meal 5 days a week and only go hungry at the weekend.

I am not implying that ALL families on benefits have the above mentioned luxuries. A lot of families may be working two jobs on a zero hours contract and still be below the poverty line and need income support and do a bloody good job feeding and bringing up the family.

16. Likes Louis the fly, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast