Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Covid

####cappy pleased to announce second jab ...next wed....pfizer...thanks to boris and nhs.....numero uno europe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid

The Misssus and me expect to get first Jab Mid March here! Then second one at end March??
    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is good news Cappy. Was it the pfizer jab you got first time round? I thought Nadim Zahawi minister in charge of vaccine rollout & Matt Hancock are the guys, Boris is to busy doing bridges & tunnels Seriously though must be a relief to get the date for second one. I see Macron is doing a bit grovelling and Ursula Van Der Lyen is not getting rave reviews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gigantic cock up here, a Dr who was untrained gave two old people four times the dose,the full bottle, it was a private health company that the Govt gave some of the work to, the Dr has been referred to the Drs mob, hopefully there will be no more stuff ups. We don't have the urgency of other countries.
    Des
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More on that one Des.

All GP and nurses know how to give a needle.
    But he was not told there were four shots in the bottle.
    Not correctly trained for this.

But apparently his credentials as a GP were not checked out by the company, he is not home grown.

Brought in by the same company that recently stuffed up hotel quarantine in Melbourne leading to another five day lock down.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Marian Gray thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well yes lewis it is the second one ......will feel happier......as will anyone after the second dose .....but what a mess france is in ...my grandson is today on his way home ...after the covid has ravaged team members ,,,and the 6pm to 6 lockdown has stopped any sort of life there ...the games are not being played ....and he has mutually agreed to leave ,,,,,sad times ..the french team in general are out with the covid ....it cost 300 euros to get a clear test ....and coming by euro as the planes are not flying to schedule ....we are pleased to have him out of france although i must say i was looking forward to going in the spring....france is in a real mess with the covid ....but they will not use the vaccines on hand ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not only France , the Netherlands is about on a COVID par with a few 3rd.world lands. An incompenent and useless governmaent that moves the goalposts
    every week ensures that the vaccine process is a complete mess. We ( the over 74's ) will be lucky to get the first jab this year.
    two weeks ago we had a case where in an old peoples home , the directing staff , cleaners , cooks and bottle washers were vaccinated but the eldery
    residents were not. Very sad for a so called developed country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Europe is a bumbling mess ....and thats what the eye can see .....but the mind boggles at what is not seen ...another tiny country run by a minnie mouse woman is perhaps all it needs to go into freefall.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sad that your grandson is having to come home and I am sure you will be wanting to see him. Be careful don't forget you are still vulnerable until you and your good lady get that second vaccine and still will have to wait a few weeks for the full protection the vaccine will give you both.
    I was talking to my son on Wednesday, he lives in Bordeaux, he says the country is a time bomb. A big concern is Hitler with tits, Marine Le Pen is running at 48% in the opinion polls. The EU will not like that as she will hold a Frexit election. Macron is struggling and it is unlikely he can win a second term, but at the same time the French politics are a mess. The last Prime Minister Édouard Philippe who resigned last year may run against Macron , if he does he will replace Macron as the candidate to run against Le Pen.
    Your grandson will have to do the Isolation thing? not fun I have had to do it twice this year each time I got out of hospital first time it was 14 days , never completed that I was back in hospital again for another week getting the lungs pumped out, then a 10 day isolation period again.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 26th February 2021 at 09:35 AM.

11. Thanks Ivan Cloherty, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##2 thats pretty fast work doc ....well done oz .....get it with a knockout donkey punch at the beggining ......i am reading it could be a tablet yearly or even a nasal spray in the future.....but the black and asian communities are not coming forward for the jab ....which to me means they will just keep spreading it ....i believe if they dont take it there should be no hospital treatment when it is needed...or a prison sentence

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast