Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Covid

WHOOPS! Sorry, Judy.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th March 2021 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Thankfully the MN was deserving of the title WW1 and in conflict since.
    but, what happened after?
    The public have no regard for this now apart from the the heroic generations,
    K.
    What happened afterwards, Korea, Suez, Aden, Borneo, Vietnam, Falklands Iran, Iraq, all involving British ships and British seamen, Piracy in the Malaccas Straits as long as anyone can remember, Piracy on the E and W Coasts of Africa, piracy off the NC of S.America. Over 400 MN seamen held hostage at one time, some never to return.

For some one who has never been in a Hurricane, Typhoon, Monsoon, had to go out on deck to secure cargo etc in those conditions, had to keep engines and generators running whilst the ship is bucking like a bronco, have to produce food with pans full of scalding water, in weather conditions that can make the pans jump out of their fiddles. Sleep with a lifejacket on, to fight fires at sea and in port, seen your steel ship torn apart by unimaginable seas and too many other scenarios to mention.

For some one who has never been to sea, you have an awful lot of derogatory remarks to throw around about those who have served, it is about time you stopped acting like a churlish child and try to learn something from people who have worn the T-Shirt instead of insulting them all the time.

3. Thanks Bill Cameron, cappy thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

i support our veterans fully.

The public have no regard for this now apart from the the heroic generations.

The quote is from this site somewhere.

I show my respect for heroes.

https://www.gatheringvoices.org.uk/p...e-of-heroes...

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th March 2021 at 03:34 PM.

5. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    i support our veterans fully.
    The public have no regard for this now apart from the the heroic generations.
    The quote is from this site somewhere.
    I show my respect for heroes.
    K.
    I wasn't talking about our MN heroes in WWI and WWII which you well know, whom we seafarers admire more than you could ever realise. I was talking about the insulting remarks, and you well know it, you have thrown at many members on here when you know absolutely nothing about their experiences because you have never served, yet have the audacity to ridicule them. I am going to leave it at that because you are a complete waste of time and effort.

7. Thanks Bill Cameron thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

It would be welcomed that you stop being patronising.

Please note that the replies that you do not like are the replies
    that are a reply to your own and the few of your your ilk.

Grow up up and behave.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th March 2021 at 06:07 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    I am going to leave it at that because you are a complete waste of time and effort.

You sir should know better, you cannot post your garbage and expect no reply / response.

SAD.

K.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I am going to leave it at that because you are a complete waste of time and effort.

When you are dead you may not realise it, bit like being daft.

TWP,

Wake up and smell the coffee.

You come over as a large part of the problem.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Insulting remarks.

Though, have not referred to your comment then, remember well your
    unwelcomed words RE: My late mother. Try and be a nicer person. It works.

K.

Today is International Women's Day 2021 and the last 12 months have, perhaps more than any other, been full of women whose actions have inspired, captured the imagination, brought strength to others and even saved lives.

From nurses and consultants to sports stars and everyday community heroes who have changed lives for the better - these inspirational women have achieved amazing things while battling the hardest year most of us have lived through.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th March 2021 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Jon
    Your description of the Thames and environs brought up nice memories for me, I loved that smell as you started up the river, then passed those ancient towns. My wife comes from Gravesend and we often talk about when she used to go down to the Ferry wharf and watch the liners pull out into the river, so much changed when we went home. We visited the the statue of Pocahontas and other great sites.
    Des
    Hi Des, I well remember looking at the liners berthed in Tilbury as we sailed past on our way to the London Docks, at that time you could see the funnels and superstructure of the liners from the river, as you say, it's all changed now, if your wife was to stand in the same spot today looking across the river
    she would not be able to see the old Tilbury inner dock as new riverside dock with it's massive cranes and containers stacked high Tilbury is hidden from
    view, especially when those huge container ships are berthed there. The Thames is a changed place from our days, but when I go for a day trip up to London aboard PS WAVERLY or BALMORAL, I am always looking out for old landmarks that I knew in the 50s, but the giant lock gates at Galleons Reach
    which are the entrance to the Royal Group i.e Victora, Albert and KGV, is my favourit place and in my mind WAVERLY becomes one of my old ships from the 50s, "No fool like an old fool" , all the best to you and your lovely Gravesend girl Des, cheers

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Waverley will be so welcomed back this way, A pint on the Tattershall Castle planned prior.

K.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast