Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid

I remember the smell in BA near the slaughter house, and as you say Bombay, sure i could smell Bombay long before we docked, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    vic he comes off on attention ...
    Cappy, you must forgive him his/her trepasses as today is Woman's day and the hormones are playing up, and we all know that most women (except those 3 stalwarts on here I hasten to add) like the last word, no matter how irrelevant. We know how hard it is to get a sensible reply if he/her is unable to cut n paste it. Then most of the cnp is irrelevant anyway. Think I'll go back to sleep, it was more interesting

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    John 119, nothing beats the sea air, myself and wife just come back from a walk on Sandown beach, lovely beach with lots of fine sand when the tides out. We love that walk, my wife has bad knee, waiting for the op, she normally has to watch where she walks for fear of tripping, but on the sand is ideal. Lots of room to avoid contact with everyone, and i also love to watch the dogs, they are a joy, kt

Came home 5 years ago, back to the seaside.

Nothing comes close to the sea nearby.

Walking past or popping in for a take away today, any spare change will be hugely appreciated by the R.N.L.I

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th March 2021 at 08:23 PM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember the smell in BA near the slaughter house, and as you say Bombay, sure i could smell Bombay long before we docked, kt
    We were berthed at the Brisban abattoir, it's well away from town, so with nothing to do I thought a bit of fishng would help pass the time,
    ithe only fish I caught there was catfish, but the stink that came up from the river when the silt was disturbed was gut wrenching, I had to
    get out of there, it was an indescribable stench, the stronges ozone I can remember in recent years was at Gun Wharf Portsmoth, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John 119, nothing beats the sea air, myself and wife just come back from a walk on Sandown beach, lovely beach with lots of fine sand when the tides out. We love that walk, my wife has bad knee, waiting for the op, she normally has to watch where she walks for fear of tripping, but on the sand is ideal. Lots of room to avoid contact with everyone, and i also love to watch the dogs, they are a joy, kt
    Can only afree with that Keith, a walk by the sea warms the cockles of my heart, this is our reward for a life time of hard work, I always appreciate it
    and never take it for granted. Hope your wife can get her knee sorted soon, painful knees take a lot of joy out of everyday activities, cheers

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Are the cockle sheds still open at Leigh-on Sea, Southend-on-Sea ?

Got a liking for them outside London pubs, sold by by vendors who years ago,
    in the absence of scales, used a pint glass as a measure. They’ve been sold
    by the pint ever since.

K.

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Always said that when making a landfall in India , you didn't need radar , your nose told you how far off the land you were.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Think it must be better now but remember my first visit to: SCARBOROUGH HARBOUR.

Whiff worse than Billingsgate.

Delivered now from Swansea: the very best quality fresh fish and seafood delicacies
    through excellent fishmongers and the best seafood.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 7th March 2021 at 08:26 PM.

11. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I should think they are open Keith, maybe for take aways?, like everybody else, I'm in lockdown I go for walks along the sea front and in a
    quiet place, the Leigh cockle sheds are in Old Leigh, next to the Peterboat pub, last week a young lad was stabbed to death there, his cousin
    was also killed by being stabbed some time ago, Old Leigh was always a lovely place, don't know wat is happening there now. Many London
    pubs had shellfish stalls outside, to my memory the measures metal and could be like a scoop or a tankard, as you say, measuring a pint , cheers

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes the smell of various Ports do in fact differ, strange that but its so true.
    Recall the distinctive and lovely smell of dear old Cape Town, so different from many other places like say Aden , Mombassa, the Canary Islands were lovely too. And so many other and talking about Walks well down at Melkbosstrand that is one of the most pleasnt smells and Walks one could imagine, Miles of beautiful Sands and quiet as well.
    Lovely
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast