Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who owns Scotland?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who owns Scotland?

Well i must say i agree with you Louis, don't know how you are going to survive, oil is a dying commodity, no tourists, etc, but must confess my feeling is if you want to go, then do so, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The days of an oil consuming world are coming to an end. Wind, solar and tidal power together with new technologies for transport, aviation and shipping will soon be here. Maersk are leading the way on this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, there will be plenty of room for them Louis, time we pull out all the naval bases, i expect she has grand plans for all the job losses there. Maesk will import all the goods there no doubt, just needs money to buy them. however before all that happens, she has to survive her position. I think one of the biggest laughs i had was reading a quote from Salmond, he could not bear to swear on the bible to tell the truth and the whole truth, if he could not present all his evidence, obviously a very religious man !!, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe I am speaking out of ignorance here. But doesn’t Scotland have its own parliament and to all intents and purposes rules itself. ? Maybe I am just out of touch and I am way out in my surmises. As to the British Parliament I saw no practical use for them when everything was being run on the say so of non elected persons making the decisions in Brussels. Does Scotland really want that ? Just what power does the Scottish hierarchy have ? JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#40 . Think maybe the record for the number of bricks laid in a working day used to be a bloke called Ambrose who must be a long time dead now. I think his record was about 1000 in 8 hours , but as part of. My family were builders they all reckoned they could have laid more .for competition was always on a straight run and a timed period of two hour stretches . With about 30 minute smokies. Still at that speed would soon put Hadrian to shame.
    And voila you have your wall . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Does Scotland really want that ? Just what power does the Scottish hierarchy have ? JS.
    Och! awey wiv ye laddie, the swirling skirts dinna mind being ruled by anyone, as long as it's not the bluddy English. The wee fishmongers wee wifee has only one thing on her blinkered mind, and to hell with the well being of her subjects, as that's how she sees the populace of the heather laden land. She still thinks that the EU will support her, then she is in cloud cuckoo land, the EU has an anti UK agenda, and Spain says they will always use their veto to block Scotland's entry, because they do not want the Spanish regions(Basques, etc) chasing their own independence and Scotland's entry into the EU as a sole entity would cause immense trouble for the Spanish Govt.

As for surviving independently, Rishi Sunak has just handed them a big handout from Westminster to help their economy recover from Covid. Bees in bonnets don't put food on the table.

Lewis McColl Guest

#45, Just needs the money to buy them!!!! that is not a problem she will just do what every other country is doing borrow it. My elder brother was a well respected accountant. He at times was an economic consultant to Scottish Enterprise and used to travel overseas with Scottish business trade missions etc!! I was talking to him the other night and asked him who all this money that the UK government is borrowing, who do they borrow it from!!! They just print it and then invent some bond or other to cover the debt, that bond can be for UK citizens to buy or to foreign investors , the World bank etc!!. He did say that it looks as if the UK foreign aid budget is going to be greatly reduced. So when Scotland goes Independent and need a few quid the price of Scotch whisky will go up world wide, they will get Tennents Lager Girlie cans back onboard the cruise ships , Nicola will don a tartan thong , the leader of the Scottish Tory party will be wearing her Gay pride tartan get up. Even Alex Salmond will do one for the ladies wearing a kilt and proving that a real scot wears nothing under his kilt. Betties bar will re invent itself and become a must see for tourists .The list is endless roll on the good times . On the sporting front Celtic & Rangers can perform 90 minutes from 6 of Scotland's bloodiest clan battles that could be marketed by Sky Sports world wide.
    Then of course the revenue that Boris's tunnel will generate !!! as said the list is endless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OH, Lewis, nearly choked on my lunch, thought of seeing Sturgeon in a thong, enough to put you off food.
    You've got vivid imagination to dream that one up, you on the magic mushrooms?
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

Mark my words you read it here first

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    , Nicola will don a tartan thong , )
    Jeez Lewis, have ye no shame, away n wash ye mouth out, now ye've ruined many a nap!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast