Thread: Insanity of the Greens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Insanity of the Greens.

A Nort West Council the UK granted planning permission for the opening of a new coal mine. The mine will create numerous jobs and the coal will be used fir making steel in the UK.
    The Greens have got on their high horse, saying is against the spirit of the Governments agreement to reduce Co2 to zero.
    The council are thinking about revoking planning permission on advice of the Greens.
    If permission is rejected, coal will have to be imported from Australia, Russia or USA.
    Now in my mind this actually increases Co2, but not according to the Greens.
    Lunatics minding the asylum comes to mind.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 20th February 2021 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Insanity of the Greens.

The minorities have to be listened to, and Councillors love to be seen as politically correct, conveniently forget the bigger picture and the road to self sustaining ability

3. Likes cappy, vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

these greens are breeding like flies .....swampy has now bred another...seemingly little swampy .....son of swampy is now underground with the tunnel caving in around him....plow him in ses i plow him in before he breeds another swampy....or swampess....who pays there wages and where does there money come from ......more bloody benefit hangers on

5. Likes vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Vic is this the one up in Cumbria? It was to be coking coal from under the Irish sea?
    This has been in the pipeline since 2014?
    Thing is we no longer have any coal burning power stations.
    I understand the need for jobs but we have been reducing our imports & dependence on coal for several years now.
    It is one of those do we or don't we?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Correct Lewis, but the coal is for making steel. If we are to continue making steel we needing coking coal. Without this mine we import from Russia, USA and Australia.
    So all we are doing, is putting people on the dole and exporting our CO2
    I would rather we did than didn't.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 20th February 2021 at 01:12 PM.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

They reckon 500 jobs, could be more by the time associated industries are set up to support the mine, engineering support companies even down to the corner shop and newsagents. But how much steel do we actually produce these days. China floods the market now and makes British/EU steel expensive.
    I know Milliband is concerned that 85% of production would go for export??so that flies in the face of the zero carbons emissions plans the government has in place. For me it is one of those, we are trying to reduce dependence on Fossil fuels. If we stop importing coal is it a balancing act? Yes we do need jobs and there is also a good possibility that some youngsters could get a trade along they way, Fitters , Plumbers , Electricians. The most important thing is if it went ahead, no cheap foreign labour to be employed. That is my take on it.