Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Understanding

Earlier in the week Louis the Fly replied to the posting about Scottish Fish in a different manner to the rest of us, and was to some extent had a go at.

Today across the globe look at Myanma, North Korea, China, some South American dictatorships along with some in Africa.
    All are denied the right to free speech, free thought and freedom of expression.

Such rights are the corner stone of any democracy, we are all entitled to our own thoughts, and freedom of speech.

Just because one person does not agree does not mean they are wrong, just have a different opinion.

The site is home to so many different guys, and a few lovely gals, and it is good to be on.
    Fun for all most of the time, occasions where non person make silly comments and spends a fortune on glue, but the banter, and for me the knowledge I have gained from John S, Ivan and others makes for me a better day on many occasions.

Just imagine if the world ran the way the site runs, yes a few obstacles, but nothing we can not over come.
    If the world was more tolerant of each other world peace could happen.

The world is currently going through one of it's worst moments, but human endurance will see it over come.

Remember 'friends are the leaves on the tree of life'.
    So many leaves on this site who could not be happy.

All we need now to complete the picture is RLT back with his typical Liverpudlian humor and Mary complete with Leg, and of course Cappy with his sage like comments.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Understanding

Most on site realize what you are saying John and this site must have a big approval rating to a lot of people. It will at times the same as everything else have what you call hitches as people also have different rates of what some would call tolerance. Sometimes those tolerance rates are magnified out of all proportions , and sometimes purposefully to cover personal dislikes , that is the enemy in any bodies midst. To the many elderly members or guests who visit this site this will maybe be a source of pleasure and give them something to remember of their past lives , maybe and in addition to the rnr they need. They don’t want to see a lot of personal angst about nothing, they’ve probably had too much in their past lives already. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th February 2021 at 09:12 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for your comments John. When we talk of our lives at sea we are all in one boat however when it comes to certain subjects of life in general I am often in a minority of one. I am ok with this, we are all too old to change our lifelong political thoughts and beliefs.
    I see myself as a missionary sent to this site to bring enlightenment and learning to the natives and supply them with flip flops made from recycled car tires. It can be hard work at times but someone has to do it. You won't get me I'm part of the union.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis do you get many requests for individual types such as Goodyear or Dunlop. Are they all in the same price range ? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

louis is it true missionarys only do it in one position .....cheers cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are there anymore ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Are there anymore ? JS

Well you should know you greased them bearings in marys wooden leg often enough......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The best thing this site does apart from letting us enjoy each others company is keep that fellow Al Zhimer away from our door, because the site lets us recall our experiences, awakens our long forgotten knowledge, our own and others, and we have gleaned much about the other's departments and lives. Yes we have our hiccups, but we soon sail back into calmer waters. I look forward to warmer days when I can wear my flipflops again safe in the knowledge that they have been made by a shipmate from old tyres and not pre-used Durex. However I draw the line at following John of Oz example and wearing my genuine Akubra bought in Brisbane in 1995 and festooning it with corks. As for Kong there are four HAL vessels anchored in the our Bay waiting for you to board, take your pick from Zaandam, Volendam, Oosterdam, and Westerdam, also two of Thompsons with the very imaginitive names of Marella Explorer and Marella Explorer 2 (must make accounting easy), Cappy has taken up the hobby of putting miniature legs in bottles, and JWS has joined the RAF in pirf, and I heard that Lewis has taken up a correspondence course to join the Diplomatic Corp.....happy days all aboard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well what a fine calm morning after the storm ....reminicent of long warm days ...sea like glass.. flying fish weather ...rolling down to oz...sky and sea pacific blue .....oops and sunday tommoro ...cant wait that big lump of sunday duff ha ha not forgeting sunday at sea .....happy days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nearly forgot, just got hold of a batch of high quality make up from a closing down sale in the pound shop.
    I know Nicola and Marian will appreciate this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast