Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: In : Sea of Fire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: In : Sea of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fouro View Post
    This rare and interesting short video shows what employees would have experienced being oil workers on Piper Alpha.
    Click on html below to watch.

https://youtu.be/EPMctEYX8LA

Fouro.
    Although it was rather short, the video gave me a deep understanding as to how the oilmen lived and worked aboard Piper Alpha. The video also shows the oilmen getting off a loaded helicopter full of passengers after after having had a perilous flight from the mainland to the rig.
    Rather than always reading about Piper Alpha, it was pleasing to me to watch realistic coverage for a change.

Fouro.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the video was not so clear fouro butdid give a very very short look at life on the rig ,,,,,the one plus if there ever was one was the food ,,,never seen such a variation and loooking so good on any vessel in fact never saw a menu like that ever.......but deserved by the guys out there ....didnt watch the next video i have seen it and it is not a good scenario to watch cappy

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is also one on U Tube about the disaster with comments from some of the survivors.
    Not good viewing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just come across the posts on the Piper Alpha disaster in about 93-94 i was working for Yeman Hunt Oil On there storage tanker
    Ex Esso Japan and the Bosun on there i can not remember is name had been on one of the rescue boats and was telling us when
    he went to Buck House to receive his medal in his with a half bottle whiskey down stocking .When Hunt Oil were in charge of the tanker
    which was then named the Safa it had explosive charges fitted on the Bow for a quick escape because the cargo pumps for discharge were steam we were all ways ready to move it had all Italian Captain and offices I wonder if any one has any information of what has happened
    to it I think it could contain some were between 2 -3 million barrels of oil a lot of dollars for some one
    Alan McDougle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3