Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Comedy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Comedy

For future generations the most popular TV programme is likely to be the Trump Show. They will never believe this present generation could be so stupid and think they are watching a comedy. Favourite joke, injecting sick people with disinfectant, it will kill the disease and the patient.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with all the posts, Remember, The Beverly Hillbillies,Rising Damp, Dads Army, The Comedians, Dangerous Brian, Steptoe and Son, Colin Crompton, { Give Order } Sunday Night at the Palladium, Till Death do us part, Morecambe and Wise, Dave Allen, Skippy, Freddy Star, Kenny Everett, Tommy Cooper, The Two Ronnies, Cannon and Ball, Bully with Jim Bowen, Billy Connolly, I could go on all night but as has been said peoples sense of humour hasn't changed The P.C. Brigade have ruined it.
    Can anyone honestly tell me they have ever laughed with Ant @Dec, Simon Cowell, Britain's got talent, Emmerdale Farm, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Cant cook dont cook, The great british bake off, Because that has what's replaced the comedy and ight entertainment in this country, There was a time wen your T.V. Licence was worth it not today, If you want an alternative you have to subscribe to sky t.v. the whole lot has gone crazy another money making exercise the British public let them get away with. RANT OVER, Man Utd have kicked off Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only difference between a Trump rally as seen on the TV news and the Nerenburg Rallies of the 1930s is Trump doesn't have a silly little moustache and the fans don't stick a stiff right arm up. I often wondered how that could happen in Nazi Germany and now I see the equivalent happening here.

The problem Trump's not going away, he's not going out to pasture, he's creaming too much money out of the program he's running. Any day we are waiting for him to pardon his kids and attempt to pardon himself. If he pardons his kids that excuses them from all federal crimes up to the minute the pardon is signed by dad.

He asked for donations to help him a few weeks back. He raised 171 million dollars in just three days. It's been spread all over the place a big chunk going to a fund for him to run in 2024. It's never going to end. Also his eldest son is making noises about running for office.

Save me, sorry, this is not a comedy, it's a bloody tragedy.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry the one that i really loved was Love Thy Neighbour it had me in stiches every Episode!
    Cheers

A Brief History of Britain's Racist Sitcoms (vice.com)

A short here what a laugh!
    Scroll down to the Short! LOL

I often wonder as it was Comedy why it was stopped as Racial, i saw nought wrong in it, only Fun! ????
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th December 2020 at 09:06 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

5. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vern, Rising Damp was my fav RIGSBY, Must admit Love thy neighbour is also up there with me,Jack Smethurst Good T.V. What went wrong Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#44... Probably Terry the PC brigade would tell you there was someone being demeaned in any of those programs and therefore were taken off the air by a minority group of small minded bigoted persons . People today make a living at finding fault with others , if people find fault with something being shown, if they weren’t brainless twits they would just turn the program off. But that is not the case they want to take issue of everything. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got to love "Curry and Chips" Spike Milligan. As said before there was more racial overtones directed towards the whites than the blacks but the feckers could not work that out or it did not suit their agenda to complain like the bloody well keep doing here. Yet some of the Aboriginal comedy shows seem to follow the same tone and poke fun at themselves. I forget the title's of them at the moment but had a good laugh all the same but they seem to have been stopped for some reason. Probably some one with a broom stick up his jacksee thought he would vent his spleen.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

10. Likes Tony Taylor, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

And Rock and Chips.

Joan finds herself trying her best to evade the hands on approach to uniform inspections from her manager, Mr Raynor. Great clip from the Only Fools and Horses prequel Rock and Chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGnz8SuH-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2qauuyg8BE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGgSScankEI

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Norman Gunston, one day I was taken to be him, the guy must have been on something.

But Love Thy Neighbor was supposed to assist in creating harmony amongst the community, taking the P15 s out of ourselves.

But long before all these shows there was a thing called radio.
    A box that stood on a stand and Sunday we would sit and listen to the
    Navy lark
    Much binding in the marsh
    Educating Archie
    Life with the Lions
    The navy lark
    Mrs Dale Dairy
    and of course the never ending story of country folk.
    Wonder if that is till going?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Doc Vernon, Malcolm Lawrence liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all,

If you have access to Netflix, I can highly recommend 'Norsemen'. This is a 3 season series Norwegian comedy, using Norwegian actors but spoken in English. Set in about 700AD (or thereabouts), it's about a Viking village (their Chieftain, Warriors, wife's and dealing with other Norwegian clans). Extremely well written and great comedy. Typical dry Norwegian humour.

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast