Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Food

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Food

Knock his horns off, wipe his butt, and stick him up on the plate.

Cannot see that happening with vegi and vegan stuff.

K.

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most farmers here in Oz do care for their animals, as one farmer said, they are our living.

But once sold on then to the slaughter house it is a different story.

But the housewife in the supermarket picks up all manner of meat cuts without even thinking about it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis the Fly your #1 Has brought out the animal in all of us. Even the vegetarian ones . Hope you enjoy your beans on toast tonight. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    No Ivan probably could be it’s droppings though JS
    From my memories as a 14 year old I would be dubious of what went into sausage meat and also mince. As one who used to make it as a trade learner one might say in general there was little or no waste on the chopping block. JS
    John, there was many a time working in Ethiopia I would have welcomed a sausage regardless of what was in it.

Yep I know I have left myself wide open (there I go again) to you more salacious individuals

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cannot call myself a vegetarian because the only vegetables I have ever eaten are potatoes and peas.
    I am a thinker, I think about everything I eat. My diet would not appeal to many others. I have one meal a day usually around 1600, this is vine grown tomatoes, three boiled eggs, cheese because the body needs a certain amount of good fats and wholemeal bread. Tomatoes are excellent for overall good health, eggs provide every vitamin and nutrient required , wholemeal bread for bulk.
    To make up for the lack of vegetables I eat oranges and nuts.
    My weight is the same as I was as a young fit AB. If I live to be 100 I can say I told you so. If I die tomorrow you can say what a bloody fool he was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think Louis post has opened a subject which could go on and on and deviate on different courses ( not food ones ) but to people’s preferences and customs. myself I look on with horror on the Chinese delicacy of dog meat , as my love of animals extends mostly to domesticated dogs. But to others it doesn’t .Then you get religious preferences which some like others don’t . You will never get 100 per cent agreement , the same as other topics . We are all different not only on food but on many other subjects as well , and this even includes sex today , which also causes many problems world wide. That’s why I would always rather mix with people of similar believes as myself is common sense to avoid aggro. Oh what a world of differences we live in , and some think we are capable of living as one. There is still a long way to go. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th November 2020 at 09:34 AM.
    R575129

9. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i was looking for bigger premises for production .....a mate said the sausage factory is going bust up the road he is desperate to sell.......off i trotted ....it was lunchtime all quiet ......i had no appointment .......there were rows of mincing machines all quiet ,,,,not a fly in the room......asked for the owner out he came ....we chatted .....then he shouted lunch over lets get stated ......at that point each operator started there mincer ....i have never seen so many flies and bluebottles since the outback in oz fly out the machines ....of course many ground into the mincer.....as i was leaving the owner gave me a pack of his sausages ......i stood firm accepted them then went back to my factory and gave them to a bloke i didnt like........asked him next day did he enjoy them oh yes he replied.......every time i eat a sausage i check for black bits if they are there i dont eat it .....cos i know what they bloody are......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If after leaving the EU we strike a trade deal with the US read the ingredients on the supermarket food very carefully before placing it in your trolley.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking of food and like and dislikes, does anyone remember the trays of brawn put out for the night watches on most of the trampers i worked on, bloody horrible stuff, don't think it ever got eaten , straight into the rosie and fed to the fish, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16... Louis if you are always eating peas do you ever think of all the funny noise”s you may be making? JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th November 2020 at 10:22 AM.
    R575129

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast