Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: XMAS, or LOCK DOWN JANUARY, Your thoughts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default XMAS, or LOCK DOWN JANUARY, Your thoughts.

Its going to break both mine and the wife's heart not playing a big roll in xmas with my 4 kids and 9 grandkids, But is it really worth it for the sake of a few days to compromise your self, We have decided to spend most of xmas alone and hopefully have a memorable holiday together maybe summer next year. I understand exactly why other people will choose to visit family and friends. But i cant help feeling it is to risky for all who do indulge i would rather be around for next xmas than blow it on a few days binging. Think back to a xmas at sea i spent the whole of xmas and new year 70/71 in Karachi. Nothing can be worse than that. I just hope the poor kids understand and have as good a time as they can, Life is to short Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: XMAS, or LOCK DOWN JANUARY, Your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Its going to break both mine and the wife's heart not playing a big roll in xmas with my 4 kids and 9 grandkids, But is it really worth it for the sake of a few days to compromise your self, We have decided to spend most of xmas alone and hopefully have a memorable holiday together maybe summer next year. I understand exactly why other people will choose to visit family and friends. But i cant help feeling it is to risky for all who do indulge i would rather be around for next xmas than blow it on a few days binging. Think back to a xmas at sea i spent the whole of xmas and new year 70/71 in Karachi. Nothing can be worse than that. I just hope the poor kids understand and have as good a time as they can, Life is to short Terry.
    spot on Terry, totally agree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Haven't seen the grandkids or any other relative since December 2019, but will stay at home, to safeguard the gkids, also now have to consider Wendy, as she has just been diagnosed with cancer, so has become a vulnerable person. Play it safe, even if you are as fit as a fiddle, covid-19 has no regard for the state of your health.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with sentiments expressed. No doubt January there will another explosion of cases of th virus.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After we came out of our last lockdown in Wales at the start of the month we were told then to expect another one in January.
    I think with Xmas the politicians realise that some people will get together regardless of rules, so by trying to give some structure to how people might get together they are trying to keep a lid on the cases we will undoubtedly see in January.
    Different families have different circumstances so we have to make the decisions relevant to us and our varying situations.
    I know a number of people glad to have the excuse not to see the in-laws! Not me of course!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although the Virus is not too bad here at this time (Fingers Crossed) a lot of Restrictions are being lifted on Dec 1st all over, so there will be many more People about especially Gatherings of Families over the Festive Season, Now while this si a good move for Families after such a long time for many, i am also still playing it safe , and will be spending my Xmas and New Year with her Indoors alone. Its only one Year of so very many, so can hopefully catch up again next Year, with even larger and better celebrations.
    So whatever you plan to do or go just first remember to stay as safe as you possibly can.
    Time is a great Healer!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will be the same as most Xmas, i loathe Xmas, bah humbug, so just myself and my wife, best day is boxing day, so its as far away from next xmas as i can get, i know I'm a miserable old git, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I too will be alone for Christmas and tomorrow our Thanksgiving Day as well.

I bought a packet of what said sliced turkey, I got it home then had a good look at it and it looks like white bologna with millions of tiny air holes in it. It's probably made of that white stuff that trails dropped behind the bird after it's had a good feed and before it gets the axe.

Had plans for a toasted turkey sandwich, so I could say I did some cooking on Thanksgiving (toast not the turkey). Bugger it I'll have a bowl of raisin bran instead. Bah Humbug too Keith.

Not so cheerful cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy Thanksgiving Day Rodney !

But i was watching a program last Night on the Flights over the USA , and Boy! did i get a shock even with all the cases going on there the Skies were absolutely riddled with Airplanes flying top and from wherever throughout the United Stated,
    Gees all that movement and passenger intergration is surely not good at all for the control of the Pandemic , why on Earth does the Government allow all this to carry on.
    At this rate the numbers will just keep on growing.
    Cheers

Anyway have a nice time /
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have both decided to spend christmas on our own as well. It would be foolhardy to undo all of the self isolating etc. that we have done since March when there appears to be a vaccine just around the corner. Couple of bottles of a good malt, some Bacardi and Vodka together with a case of ale and you can shove the pandemic
    Regards
    John C

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast