Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: XMAS, or LOCK DOWN JANUARY, Your thoughts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: XMAS, or LOCK DOWN JANUARY, Your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Haven't seen the grandkids or any other relative since December 2019, but will stay at home, to safeguard the gkids, also now have to consider Wendy, as she has just been diagnosed with cancer, so has become a vulnerable person. Play it safe, even if you are as fit as a fiddle, covid-19 has no regard for the state of your health.
    Ivan, I take it Wendy is your partner, Gods speed in her recovery m8 Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Ivan, I take it Wendy is your partner, Gods speed in her recovery m8 Terry.
    Yes Terry, Wendy is my wife, some on here have met her, nothing daunts her and she is in good spirits, thanks for your good wishes, regards Ivan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, same from me Ivan, my youngest son just gone through the cancer mill and now out the other side, big worry for us, so hope all goes well with Wendy, the treatment today has so much improved, and staying positive is the biggest help i do believe, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Yes, same from me Ivan, my youngest son just gone through the cancer mill and now out the other side, big worry for us, so hope all goes well with Wendy, the treatment today has so much improved, and staying positive is the biggest help i do believe, kt
    Thanks Keith, yes they have, you can now get chemotherapy by pill, and it doesn't make your hair fall out, which of course makes her very happy. But enough of doom and gloom where ever we are we are going to enjoy it, doubt there will be any xmas dance or new year dances this year, so guess the tuxedo will have to stay in its wrapper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JSW: answer as best I can from your question "What was the cause of the Corona virus and where did it come from."

Time magazine

"The search for the virus’s origins must begin behind the squat blue-shuttered stalls at Wuhan’s Huanan seafood market, where the outbreak of viral pneumonia we now know as COVID-19 was first discovered in mid-December. One of the first cases was a trader named Wei Guixian, 57, who worked in the market every day, selling shrimp out of huge buckets. In mid-December she developed a fever she thought was a seasonal flu, she told state-run Shanghai-based the Paper. A week later, she was drifting in and out of consciousness in a hospital ward.

Of the first 41 patients hospitalized in Wuhan, 13 had no connection to the marketplace, including the very first recorded case. That doesn’t necessarily excuse the market as the initial point of zoonotic jump, though–we don’t know yet for certain how many COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic, but research suggests it could be as high as 80%. And, even if Huanan market wasn’t where the virus first infected humans, it certainly played a huge role as an incubator of transmission. At a Jan. 26 press conference, the Hong Kong Centre for Health Protection revealed 33 of 585 environmental samples taken after the market was shut Jan. 1 tested positive for the virus. Of these, 31 were taken in the western section where wildlife was sold."

New York Post (compares with sensation newspapers, Daily Mirror etc?)

"A Chinese virologist who has reportedly been in hiding over fear for her safety has stepped out into the public eye again to make the explosive claim that she has scientific evidence to prove that COVID-19 was human-made in a lab in China — despite American studies refuting the controversial claim.

Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a scientist who says she did some of the earliest research into COVID-19 last year, made the comments Friday during an interview on the British talk show “Loose Women.”

When asked where the deadly virus that has killed more than 900,000 around the globe comes from, Yan — speaking via video chat from a secret location — replied, “It comes from the lab — the lab in Wuhan and the lab is controlled by China’s government.”

USA Today

What researchers say: COVID-19 originated in China
    The consensus among researchers studying the spread of the virus pinpoints COVID-19’s likely origin to a “wet market,” or live animal market, in Wuhan, China. Though experts have not ruled out the possibility that the pathogen could have been brought to the market by an already infected person, there is no evidence to suggest COVID-19 originated outside the country.

The Guardian

In the public mind, the origin story of coronavirus seems well fixed: in late 2019 someone at the now world-famous Huanan seafood market in Wuhan was infected with a virus from an animal.

The rest is part of an awful history still in the making, with Covid-19 spreading from that first cluster in the capital of China’s Hubei province to a pandemic that has killed about 211,000 people so far.

Stock footage of pangolins – a scaly mammal that looks like an anteater – have made it on to news bulletins, suggesting this animal was the staging post for the virus before it spread to humans.

But there is uncertainty about several aspects of the Covid-19 origin story that scientists are trying hard to unravel, including which species passed it to a human. They’re trying hard because knowing how a pandemic starts is a key to stopping the next one.

Me.

Different causes, bats, animals, wild animal meat markets, far out one human made, but seems they and others all agree it was in Wuhan China.

Hope this helps, Cheers Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 26th November 2020 at 05:02 PM.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#25. Having shared a glass or two with your good lady Ivan, please send her my best wishes for the future.Regarding lack of dancing opportunities in your area, who needs the Tower Ballroom or local Palais de Dance to trip the light fandango, put on your top hat and tails and cut a rug in-house. We do it frequently at Chateau Gill.
    Gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    #25. Having shared a glass or two with your good lady Ivan, please send her my best wishes for the future.Regarding lack of dancing opportunities in your area, who needs the Tower Ballroom or local Palais de Dance to trip the light fandango, put on your top hat and tails and cut a rug in-house. We do it frequently at Chateau Gill.
    Gilly
    Thanks Gilly, Wendy says 'Hi' to you John and all the boys she met in Liverpool, seems like yesterday, but of course it was 2013, she wouldn't mind doing it all again though.

9. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must agree Terry cannot see that it is worth it just for 5 days. Lets wait and have a big reunion at Easter when hopefully we will have a vacine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife and i have been very careful living in both Budapest and now Derby since March and don't intend to take any chances at this stage and will not be changing our lifestyle for Christmas or any other holiday.
    However there are some still questioning whether or not it's even dangerous.
    This was on youtube today and should be recommended viewing for said people. Hope link works.
    https://youtu.be/Q9QThnb9jwc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the Financial Times question are now being raised about the effeciency of the Astra Zeneca /Cambridge vaccine. It appears that tests have not been carried out effectively and have use younger people in the test process.
    With a cloud hanging over the vaccine, it appears US regulators will NOT give it an emergency licence.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 26th November 2020 at 10:14 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast