Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to take me a while

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Going to take me a while

Les, so true.
    It was not easy down here in Victoria, in total some 20 weeks in various stages of lock down.
    The worst the last 12 when we were really locked up.
    But we got through some how.

The biggest complaint is how the second wave began, the result of an incompetent gov.

Bit like some one telling you that you have a terrible illness, which you do not, then curing you of it.

But we will survive in some form but there are many businesses that will not return.

Most of the deaths here in Vic were from persons in aged care facilities, no fit person succumbed to it.
    But suicide rates are well up.

To the people of UK, stay with it follow the rules, keep fit, wear a mask and do not spend too much time in the company of others.
    Do this and you will be over the worst by the time the Vaccine becomes available.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Graham Payne, John Gill liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    #22 Seems promises are all I get these days.
    Gilly.
    John, My one has been promising me she will walk off one day she's had enough,
    Never did keep her promises...................................
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#31, the problem we have in the UK is density of population and lack of open spaces in cities, which cannot be alleviated because physically there is no space, as there is in OZ, even Sydney is an open city compared to UK cities. Isolation on the same scale is not possible which is why we have at times rapid spread. In the South West we were lucky in the main, but still came under total lockdown. Once the virus is defeated no doubt we will be inundated with people flocking to live down here turning us into another concrete jungle, but I suppose that's progress and self preservation.

As for whinging Poms, Australia was built on the efforts of whinging Poms, who no doubt had a right to whinge having been sent 12000 miles for stealing a loaf of bread, others came after all the initial settlement hard work was done and reaped the benefits of work done by people who didn't want to be there in the first place, although no doubt some grew to like it. During my main times in OZ, 50's to 70's the biggest whingers I came across were Greeks and Italians, most union leaders were Scots. In more recent times it was to see friends, OZ and English all hard workers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan, if you are to believe what you read, apparently with the lockdown, and people able to work from home, this is fuelling Londoners selling average houses for vast amounts of money, and buying up houses in rural locations with good IT connections, so we can expect an increase of house prices accordingly here in the South, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John, My one has been promising me she will walk off one day she's had enough,
    Never did keep her promises...................................
    Be positive Ted- there's still time, still time.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ivan.
    We watched a program on TV called the Silk Road, hosted by Joanna Lumley, and you saying about the crowded cities at home, the cities she went through from Turkey to Tashkent were a revelation, massive open spaces, wide streets, massive green areas and great water features. It was followed by Escape to the Country, with the lovely countryside, but people were escaping from the very thing you mentioned overcrowding not only in the big cities but the smaller ones are getting the same. Australia is getting the same, Sydney suburbs are now building cheek to cheek with no backyard for the kids to play in, yet down here in the regions land as far as the eye can see, our politicians are are short sighted as yours.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, here in Oz we are lucky to have the wide open spaces.
    But we do have large tower blocks, private and state owned.
    One state owned one had a bad outbreak with the residents locked in for 14 days.

But that is certainly one of the problems in UK, particularly in cities such as Manchester and Liverpool where so many live, Birmingham must be a nightmare.

But some figures shown the other day on our TV of the various regions, mainly counties showed many in the south and south west as to having very low numbers of infections.

The green wedges in Uk slowly vanishing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi I had the flu jab as I do every year.3 weeks later I felt unwell and had a corona virus test which proved negative 4 days later I had no taste or smell so had another test which proved positive.how I got it I don’t know.However my symptoms were no smell or taste. No problem with breathing or any temperature and no cough at all..After 10 days of isolating I am now back to normal.At 77 I was a bit concerned as older people we are told are at high risk of further problems.I have put down to my quick recovery is that my flu jab boosted my immunity to flu but also kicked the corona virus xJust In the **** .However My Viking ancestries may be in my genes which helped.Just a thought😏

11. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well glad to hear that you got over it ,and no after effects i hope ?
    Yes as i have said ,as we get older the System is not what it was when Young, so the Flu Shots are of importance i feel. The Wife and i get them now, as before for most of our lives did not worry.

So far so good Touch Wood! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There have been numerous such stories here in Melbourne as well.
    The feeling amongst the community, brought about by fear created by the state premier, is that all over 65 are at the highest risk of the Virus.
    Nothing could be further from the truth according to one senior doctor.

It is not age but your general health condition that determines your risk factor.

So stay healthy and fit and you should be OK.

Those with any form of C.O.P.D. are at the highest risk
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast