Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fat Lady has sung

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Fat Lady has sung

Thom. I take my hat off to you. I'm finally speechless.

Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    I have always respected your views, you are living there, I would no more vent off about how your election was conducted as fly to the moon, as I can only read what the news tells me, and my father always said believe half of what you see and nothing about what you read.
    But I will take your take on it knowing you are there and up to date.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As many here know i avoid Politics like the plague, however a question i must ask is
    With having a Recount ( If they can for all States) and say Trump comes out a clear Winner, will that mean that he will retain Office!?? Is the process reversible ????
    As said i am not into Politics at all, so am just trying to find out the inns and outs if ????
    Cheers

Think Rodders is the one to answer this one ??
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th November 2020 at 01:35 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In all democracies there is provision for a recount should the result be close.
    But in the case of DSA result there is no doubt who won.

However how he performs and how the people accept that is a different matter, until there is once again a Republican president in the White House once again those who support Trump will not be happy.

But if the count for the two houses goes the way it appears it will then the incoming president may find it is not easy to rule for all.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Why in any sane world, does the man seem intent on losing twice ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc. Unfortunately you asked me what is the time and I must tell you how to build a clock as part of the answer.

First. A recount is only available if the count falls within the boundaries of separation set by the effected states. Each state sets their own boundaries and they vary from none to 0.5% (or less) of the margin separating the parties. If this condition is met then the state will pay the cost of the recount. If it exceeds these conditions then the party calling for the recount must pay the costs.

The following states are the ones that Trump is contesting. Pennsylvania (PA), Nevada (NV), Arizona (AZ) and Georgia (GA).

If the results fall within the margins of separation each state mandates, then that state will pay the cost of the recount.

A candidate can request a recount in any or all states, But and a big but, he will bare the cost of the recount if he is above the margin set by each individual state. And the cost could be impossible.

Here is were the questionable counts, by Trump, stand:

PA. 98% of the votes are counted. The 2% remaining are mail-in votes and are from Philadelphia, a staunch democratic area and favors Biden. Biden has a 48,796 vote lead. Trump 49.1% vs. 49..8. Biden has been declared the winner. The state margin is 0.5% separation.
    PA. will not have to pay for the cost of a recount. Trump would have to pay.

GA. Trump 49.2%. Biden 49.5% 99% of the vote counted. again mail in ballots and favor Biden. So far it falls within GA margin of
    0.5% GA will pay.

AZ. has a 0.1% range. Trump 49% Biden 49.4% AZ will pay for the recount. 2% of the vote to be counted, 98% counted.

NV. Trump 47.5% Biden 50.2% with 2% to be counted. no minimum. Biden the projected winner.

The rural parts of the states voted in the main for Trump and he discouraged his voters from mailing in their vote. Biden, because of the virus encouraged his voters to file an absentee ballot. That is why Trump jumped into an early lead and Biden slowly overtook him and has taken the lead, and these absentee ballots favor Biden. So far Biden in the Electoral college vote (270 needed to win) has 279 electoral votes, with a projected count 0f 306. He has already won the election with 279 votes. In the popular vote so far he has an almost 5 million vote lead.

Since the election Trump has filed numerous challenges in the courts, so far he is 0 for 6, with one more being tossed out this morning.

Cheers, Rodney, and glad to answer Doc...I hope you like the clock.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc yes, if Trump has a recount and it came up in his favor he would be declared the winner. I can't see him possible winning. This is not because I don't like the man, it's because a recount change in the voting is mostly minimal, just a handful of errors. And errors would have to be spread across many states.

Rodney

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for that detailed info Rodney it is appreciated and gives me an insight into your Political World! I have never been one for Politics though! Yuk!! Dont like it al all
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

11. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

The electoral college meets on 14 December to cast its vote for president and nearly every state uses the statewide popular vote to allocate its electors. Biden is projected to win far more than the 270 electoral votes he needs to become president. His victory doesn’t hinge on one state and he has likely insurmountable leads in Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Arizona.

Regardless of however long a dispute is, the constitution does set one final deadline. Even if counting is ongoing, the president and vice-president’s terms both end at noon on 20 January. At that point if there isn’t a final result in the race, the speaker of the House – likely probably Nancy Pelosi – would become the acting president.

Trump’s campaign has filed a slew of legally dubious suits since election day. The purpose of these suits appears not to be to actually overturn the election results, but to try and create uncertainty and draw out the counting process.

Personally think he is trying to stay out of jail and put his divorce off.

K.

13. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    Even in his latest bid to the Supreme Court his own appointee voted against him, maybe he didn't allow for a persons independence.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast