Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an Oddball or boring?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Are you an Oddball or boring?

God I'm an oddball T.V. news in the am, and news in pm. 1-11/2 hours tops. Cell phone for GPS only, and then because street maps are a thing of the past. No way do I eat junk food, I don't even go out to eat, unless dragged; my wife's birthday and anniversary were about it.

Gone are the ethnic restaurants, where I could choose between German, French, Polish, Spanish. There are the odd Japanese restaurants around, although not chains, they all have the same limited menu, and the cook does the same boring floor show with flipping a fake egg into someone's lap as he works from the exhibition griddle...boring and bland food. Chinese and Mexican restaurants have the same boring menus in all places too. I think in the States at least, Mcdonalds and Holiday Inn killed the hotel and restaurant industry, at least for me they did.

I don't have to worry about my weight, my lifestyle of eating and exercise, keep me the same weight and clothes size as when I was thirty (34" waist still), not much in the way of rippling muscles, I was built for speed.

Now for the crux of this thread:

I love looking at beautiful art, whether by brush, camera or nature, and I'm a daydreamerby nature. And pretty women are art at it's finest. I'm 83 and still love looking at "Rippers ", as well as sunsets, etc.. My late wife would good naturedly give me a nudge in the ribs and tell me a glance is ok, even the OCCASIONAL double look, BUT no ogling or lingering looks! No matter who! And no turning around to check out the rear end.

However, this virus thing has ruined even that little pleasure for me. I'm locked away in my apartment, I never see anyone as I l exit, say to take the garbage out or pick up the mail, or when I go for my a.m. walk at 5:30a.m., the whole world's asleep and every pretty woman is tucked up safely, from my glance to lingering look, in bed, and missing out on my appreciated "glance". As for shopping Saturday morning at 7:35 a.m. at Walmarts, fuggedaboutit.

So, do you glance, look, or ogle and do your Mrs. or partners mind?, or are you an odd ball or boring or too old and past it? Those that have no opinion on this important subject automatically are dropped into the boring category. Our shipmatesses, do you look, glance or ogle males too and do their other half's mind? My other half did, look I mean, and I'd give her a nudge if I thought she might have missed one. She would laugh and say I had no taste in men....Thank God!

Cheers, Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 23rd October 2020 at 05:39 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Are you an Oddball or boring?

3. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post

I love looking at beautiful art, whether by brush, camera or nature, and I'm a daydreamerby nature. And pretty women are art at it's finest. I'm 83 and still love looking at "Rippers ", as well as sunsets, etc.. My late wife would good naturedly give me a nudge in the ribs and tell me a glance is ok, even the OCCASIONAL double look, BUT no ogling or lingering looks! No matter who! And no turning around to check out the rear end.

Cheers, Rodney
    We're the same vintage with the same appreciation of the female form, it's not lust, just appreciation. Both my late wife (said) and my current wife says I can look at the menu, but if I ever think of eating I would be singing soprano, like you I point out male counterparts that would be attractive to women, only to be told where on earth do you get that idea. I like dancing and still partake and my wife is an excellent dancer and never short of partners when she has worn me out, some say don't you get jealous of other men dancing with your wife, why? she goes home with me, by the same token she has no objection to me dancing with other women, and I certainly don't object!!, long may it continue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All i can add here is that FIT into the same category as both above ! LOL
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My excuse is Just because I am on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu. Den

Keith at Tregenna Guest

'Beauty in the eye of the beholder' has a literal meaning - that the perception of beauty is subjective - what one person finds beautiful another may not. What's the origin of the phrase 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'? This saying first appeared in the 3rd century BC in Greek.

K.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am fortuanate enough for it never having of happened to me, and hope it stays that way. But for those left widowed I think it is a form of great admiration for a man to pick up again with a partner of the opposite sex. And shows he wants to continue with what he has tragically lost. Most departed wives I would like to think that they thought that way also if able to do so. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, and those like my mother, dumped after about 6 years but she got up again and found another, did well for it as well.

But admiring the female form is an occupation I constantly indulge in.
    SWMBO has no worries there, forgoten most of the chat up lines I used.
    But it is good for the inner man to still have the desire to 'shop window' even though the merchandise may be out of reach.

I did read a report some years ago in a medical book that admiring the female breast can add time to your life, keep looking lads.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Air line pilot was a good line.

What is like flying a plane, bit like driving a bus but from upstairs.

K.

12. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I am fortuanate enough for it never having of happened to me, and hope it stays that way. But for those left widowed I think it is a form of great admiration for a man to pick up again with a partner of the opposite sex. And shows he wants to continue with what he has tragically lost. Most departed wives I would like to think that they thought that way also if able to do so. JS
    John, life throws many curved balls and we never think that happiness will be snatched away from us, I had 27 years of honeymoon and then my young wife was diagnosed with cancer and 4 months later I was on my own with two young teenage daughters, had I not had daughters to raise then Beachy Head may have claimed another victim. I had never envisaged this and had always said to her if you ever meet someone at my graveside, go for it I don't want you to be on your own, as my job then in AID programs took me in many dangerous situations and AK47's stuck in my face as one tribe tried to stop another tribe getting aid, (still goes on today) in addition there were numerous international flights and internal flights on not so good aircraft, or jungle roads with roving rebels, I never ever thought my statement/situation would be reversed. I was nearly nine years on my own, when I met my current wife at a dance and my daughters said 'don't let this one go Dad, mum would have loved her' and they were right, some curved balls are bad, some curved balls are good

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast