Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Captain Houston's Original transcript, On the demise of his ship Dec, 1971 M.V. Harmattan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Captain Houston's Original transcript, On the demise of his ship Dec, 1971 M.V. Harmattan.

I recently sent Vernon a PDF File which is a 32 page transcript dictated and typed by the Captain of the M.V. Harmattan it is his personal account of the attack on his ship by the Indian Navy while at anchor in the so called 8 mile safe anchorage grid of the coast of Karachi ,Pakistan, The Indian Admiralty started targeting Merchant ships that were suspected of having cargo for Pakistan, The two countries where at war December 1971 There were only two British Merchant ships in the Bay of Bengal when the friction turned to boiling point apart from the M.V.Harmattan J@C Harrisons London, was. our ship the M.V. Eucadia Anchor line Glasgow. The PDF File was under copyright until very recently after reading my story on the episode many moons ago i received a message from Captain Houston's loverly old sister who was left the transcript in his will i was searching for answers that i never got explained by blank faces in the shipping Federation or seamen's union or Anchor line for that matter, British seaman lost there lives aboard this ship and it haunted me for years both how and who they where, A day never passed until i finally got Captain Houston's personal account which i have kept close to my chest for years to respect the copyright the family had on the transcript. His sister sadly passed away a few weeks ago, And her niece wrote to me and asked for the story to be handed to this sites Moderators and have it revealed. I think to be fair to Vernon the PDF File is to big to upload but its a part of Maritime history i think each and every member would find a very good read indeed. I have already sent it too a few on the site but would like to take this opportunity to let anyone interested in the episode have a copy of the transcript, Simply express to me if you want a copy of the file with an up to date email address and i will willingly forward one to any member. It really does open your eyes as to what Merchant seaman where exposed to and this was only 50 years ago not during any world war. Regards all Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Captain Houston's Original transcript, On the demise of his ship Dec, 1971 M.V. Harmattan.

Lads just drop me your email, Your more than welcome to the file. Great read authored from a skipper who showed such tenacity to keep hold of his ship Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

3. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Captain Houston's Original transcript, On the demise of his ship Dec, 1971 M.V. Harmattan.

Indeed Lads well worth getting that File sent to yourselves, its very interesting .
    Thanks Terry
    PS I am still working on a way hope i may yet succeed!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have cleared my p.m inbox so the offer is there to any member, Just to add and not bang on,Captain Houston received an MBE For his efforts he sadly died at the tender age of 55 years.There are a few pictures i have collected over the years, Which i will dig out of my backup and post And if there are any other survivors from either ship out there i would love to hear from them or there families Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The man himself, A clip from the local press ad his MBE. Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ted, tried PMing you twice doesn't accept your name. Pm your email add, then I wiil forward mine.
    Vic

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vic
    Click on Red Lead Ted name above in his post on dropdown list select Email and then send him something. This will generate your Email to him.
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

10. Thanks vic mcclymont thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Ted, tried PMing you twice doesn't accept your name. Pm your email add, then I wiil forward mine.
    Vic
    Vic, I have just sent you my email P.M. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re:Request for copy of Capt Houstons file

Interested and would be delighted to receive a copy. e-mail address, ulstermarine@outlook.com Similar experience, just 20 yrs ago, with Government which I hope to forward to the Moderator shortly. Mike R711908

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Request for copy of Capt Houstons file

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Alexander View Post
    Interested and would be delighted to receive a copy. e-mail address, ulstermarine@outlook.com Similar experience, just 20 yrs ago, with Government which I hope to forward to the Moderator shortly. Mike R711908
    Just sent yo a copy Mike, Anyone is very welcome interestingly your an ulsterman, Capt Houston was from Larne if you know of anyone connected with this incident i would love to hear from them Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast