Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: China, Your views.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: China, Your views.

Especial if you are like me Ivan, depending on my memory, sometimes have trouble remembering where i live, but all said in good faith, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Shackleton View Post
    Re; post 8
    where does it say that, Terry?
    reference,please !
    Brenda
    Brenda, Plz elaborate a little more Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brenda, Is this what your looking for Re Terry.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cz...il_job=DM10057
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

J.S. Use to show a letter from the British Consul in Kobe explaining the reason when signing on later ships. No questions asked but someone stole it ! China was bad news then just like today. Girls were OK 'cept Commie ladies!! Cheers, Eric

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Eric in a lot of cases the old discharge book system of. Reports on Conduct and Ability was often abused and definetley mishandled by various people who knew no better. I put in a post a long time ago my personal views on, as when I first went permanent mate in 1963 some of ones own cloth used to look questionably at me for signing the acceptance form from the BSF which a seaman coming down to ship for a job had to have stamped and signed, the federation used to send them down knowing that the sight of a DR would put a lot of mates off. It made no difference to me as had seen that many it was water off a ducks back, in fact in most cases knew if it was a genuine bad discharge and it was an evil monster holding his book out with a quid inside , I knew he would be walking the straight line that trip to get a clean discharge so that was one benefit it had. Any master. would have known when he gave someone such, that he would probably have to spend part of his leave at an official inquiry into the subjects misdemeanour at a shipping office , and most masters knew that and any such record was kept to a mininum or scrubbed. I walked off a ship in Japan and the master thought to keep himself in the shipowners good books he gave me. A G for conduct, it was illegal as a foreign ship, so I just stuck a V in front myself. he thought he could bullshit me . He was one of about 3 most useless articles I ever sailed with in 50 years. The DR if it was a DR you had, in any case would be for conduct only , as he would not be competent enough himself to report on your ability as a R/O. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th July 2020 at 10:08 PM.
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Apparently, being reported here is that a region in the north of China is on alert after a herdsman was confirmed to have contracted bubonic plague.

It is unlikely that the plague will cause an epidemic, as it did in the 14th Century when it was called the Black Death and caused 50 million deaths across Asia, Europe and Africa.

Just a mention of a headline today:

Bubonic Plague: Chinese city issues black death level three plague warning.

BUBONIC plague has broken out in a Chinese city with authorities issuing an epidemic warning after a local farmer contracted the virus that caused the infamous Black Death.

Though hopefully controllable if we believe all told but worrying a bit as the same people are telling us.

Touch wood all will be OK, history tells and warns, some today just seem to cover much up.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chinese international students will still be allowed in, we need the money say the Universities.

Fact is China now owns about 10% of Oz and our less than honest, was there ever an honest poli, premier has signed up to the one road one belt concept the Chinese have developed.

It has been said that one in 5 on this planet is Chinese, with some 9 guys this morning and we are still trying to find out who it is, none of the want to own up!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bubonic plague, has had various outbreaks over the past few years and is not just a Chinese thing.
    More false news.
    Vic

Keith at Tregenna Guest

"We are monitoring the outbreaks in China, we are watching that closely and in partnership with the Chinese authorities and Mongolian authorities," WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris told a United Nations press briefing in Geneva on Tuesday.

"We are looking at the case numbers in China. It's being well managed."

WHO

The level 3 warning "forbids the hunting and eating of animals that could carry plague and asks the public to report any suspected cases of plague or fever with no clear causes, and to report any sick or dead marmots."

It's the second lowest alert on a four level system.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th July 2020 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Varieties of the Bubonic plauge are commonly found in some of the southern states of USA.
    It is not unusual and not the concern it was back in the 1600's at the time of the Black death.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast